Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

Is practicing on a venue the day before a match beneficial or could it potentially kill the peg? Your personal expieriences would be valuable.

I've found that venues never fish anything like the same in a match as they do in a practice session. It obviously helps to know the depths and species if its an unknown venue but generally the practice session can give a false sence of security, followed by major disappointment come the day of the match.
    I practiced at Lower Broadheath last year and caught a lot of double figure carp out the margin. Come the day of the match I drew exactly the same peg and fished in the same place and never had one. If you want to practice a venue its best to book into an open the week before and fish under similar conditions.

Comment

some clubs actually ban the fishing the day before a match?
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I'm with Royst the day before is no good,it wont do the peg you fish any good,and what if you draw that peg, better off asking anglers who fish venue

Comment

Originally posted by royst
          I've found that venues never fish anything like the same in a match as they do in a practice session. It obviously helps to know the depths and species if its an unknown venue but generally the practice session can give a false sence of security, followed by major disappointment come the day of the match.
          I practiced at Lower Broadheath last year and caught a lot of double figure carp out the margin. Come the day of the match I drew exactly the same peg and fished in the same place and never had one. If you want to practice a venue its best to book into an open the week before and fish under similar conditions.

Agreed ....i think its detrimental to both your fishing and to the peg.

Comment

Unless your at Rolfs then the second day ALWAYS fishes better.

It's about the only place i know that works that way.
            [B]MALC[/B]
            [COLOR="Red"][B]THE JINX[/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X