Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Keepnets on canals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keepnets on canals

I only fish canals about once a year, so end up with 4m of carp sack dragging in the margin. If I remember I stake the bottom end to the towpath, to stop the barges from dragging it through the swim. Is there a special canal type net available, of smaller capacity, that the canal regulars use? If so what is the best value one to get?

Royst I have a 2 m net I use for rivers and canals when only expecting a few silvers, it is one of the round ring type and I think they are around £10.

I also use an old rectangular one which started life as a 3.5m net but the top got damaged so It is now a 2m net as well.
    PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

apart from that he sticks to his jam jar!

Comment

Originally posted by polemaster
        apart from that he sticks to his jam jar!
        I save that jam jar for when I am really bagging up
        PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

Garbolino do a 2 Metre one which would be ideal for the cut, £14.99 at Rugby Tackle.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

My mate has got one of the keepnets with massive first rings so you can just drop your fish in without looking, thats about 2 meters i think, only downfall is he couldnt use them in nfa matches as the ruling is 3 meters i think.

Comment

Royst..th1s year it has been an advantage having a carp keepnet on the cuts, there has been a lot of fish caught very close in, virtually under your keepnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ad Slade
                My mate has got one of the keepnets with massive first rings so you can just drop your fish in without looking, thats about 2 meters i think, only downfall is he couldnt use them in nfa matches as the ruling is 3 meters i think.
                Always wanted one of those for whip fishing on the cut or bleaking on the rivers, so many fish can be lost swinging to hand or just flicking off as you catch them or even just being thrown past the edge of the net . Never did get round to buying one
                PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

Sorry Roy, but what's a canal

Comment

Originally posted by polepot
                    Sorry Roy, but what's a canal
                    Sorry Polepot but when did u last go fishing
                    [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

dont need a big first ring....i net everything on the canal ohhh not the stickle backs i swing them to hand
                      In darkness we do what we can
                      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Working...
                      X