Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

2nd question for carpmagic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd question for carpmagic

OK here we go ....gonna fish method/bomb/open end feeder at this time of year should i reduce my line strengh or stick with what i use in summer months.... or maybe reduce my hook lenghts i have been 6lb main with 4lb hook.....now it gets really tecchy or should i go to a low diameter line that probably has a higher breaking strain than i am using now but lower diameter

or have i totally blew my own brains here and making it to difficult for myself

i never said it was gonna be easy
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Larry! You have me confused if im honest! So best thing is to tell you what i use. For method feeder i use a 4 or 5lb reel line and a hooklength of 0.18 or heavier depending on fish size. For straight lead i use 4lb reel line and 0.16 diameter hooklength or heavier again depending on fish size. The more i fish for carp in winter the more convinced i am that if you are on a few then they arent line shy, and if you arent then you can go down to 0.06 and it wont make any difference.
    Steve Ringer
    Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

thanks Steve....... i knew what i meant...lol but your answer covers what i wanted to know
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

i agree with steve there but 0,17mm i wont go any heavier than that on the straight lead i think any thicker gets rid of the balance when fishing lighter hooks for all species not just carp.
        sensas /total angling

Comment

In the depths of winter I have often fished 0.12 for Carp on the bomb and feeder but this is when they are sluggish and dont pull back has hard, also this is in pegs where there is open water and no snags.

I remember before the days of high tech lines when we would fish bayer or ultima or something like that and happily land big carp on lighter line than we would ever consider today! Its a confidence thing mainly I think, many people dont realise how hard you can pull on 0.06 on a rod - but look at some of Steve's previous posts its often not ideal to pull hard and line for carping needs to be durable more than thin!
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

i totally agree with steve i use 0.16 for bomb and dont believe in going to light cus at the end of the day you want to get em all in.
            Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Whiteacres Intermediate Festival Winner 2007

Maver Classic 2007 qualyfier

Browning youthmasters 2007 qualyfier

Comment

I'm with Steve on this one. Carp aren't line shy, you just need to have them in your swim. No prizes for losing em

Comment

If its for the Bradley Green match Larry, don't what ever you do go too light. If you do you are garanteed to hook one of the big doubles that will head straight for the bushes.
                Paul Webster

[IMG]http://astwoodbankac.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/fishy.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.astwoodbankac.co.uk"]http://www.astwoodbankac.co.uk[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                X