Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Which Pole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Pole?

I have recently started to get myself back onto the match fishing scene after two years of absence. Im still using my old pole (tri cast) which cost me close to £900 at the time, starting to feel it is no longer up to scratch however.

I have read several magazines and articles and cant decide which new pole to go for, ideally spending a max of £900 again. 16m needed with both power and match kits. There are so many options around.

Anybody shed anylight on what would be my best option?

Hi mount i have recently just purchased a diawa g8 for 980 from fosters of birmingham i compared all poles in this price range and this stood out a mile i know you have a budget in mind of 900 but if you could stretch it to 980 you wouldnt be dissapointed with this, as it is equally at home fishing for silvers and carp very hard to balance a carp pole and a silver fish pole but diawa have acheived it with this it is awesome .What you get with the pole is 16metres /2 match top kits/2 power top kits/short number four/cupping kit/ if you can get a chance try it out remember it is built on the same mandrel as the tournament which in all eyes are the best but alot more money

Comment

Hi M8,
      Before you go spending the money just look at the type of fishing that you are doing, my M8 was using a Tricast pole for a good few years on commercials getting big fish out with no problem on match kits with Black Hydro :.
      He has changed to another Tricast as the old one was so good. He sold the old one and got the other for about a grand all told with 7 top kits and that was new.
      I wouldn't just get a new pole for the sake of it unless you really feel as if its not good enough but the Tricast are just so strong you may be surprised.

Comment

Mout what tricast pole are you using currently,they take a lot of beating!!?
        John - Kingfisher
        Talk Angling Senior Member
        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

dont get me wrong theres nothing really wrong with it, just fancy an upgrade. Its the eclipse i currently have. iv seen some nice daiwa's actually. The tri cast has been a brilliant pole, just thinking id like somethignt hat is 16m and a litlle better balanced.

Comment

Working...
          X