Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bloodworm and joker fishing on virgin waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bloodworm and joker fishing on virgin waters

do you reckon its worth fishing bloodworm and joker on waters that haven't seen it as bait before... the water i might fish has a good head of roach, perch and bream and skimmers and usually responds to pinkie, maggot, caster, worm and punch on the pole... also you can catch the bream on a groundbait feeder... if its worth trying what tactics should i employ and should i use groundbait or just in leam??? i ask this because i reckon with the good head of silvers im hoping they might respond to b/j... any help is appreciated
    :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
    [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Lee there is always a chance with B&J that you could be bitted out on venue that does not see any of it, but you could try it as feed and fish maggot or caster over the top. Remember though bloodworm is possibly present in all still waters and as a bait will buy you bites on the hard days.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

If its a water that holds skimmers and bream I would get half my joker and put it in damp leam and mix it up so they all separate - then bag it and put it in the freezer - so you now have half dead joker, get it out on the morning and separate it all, then you can add some more damp leam and some of the live joker (but no too much) then you can use this in the feeder and put out say 10-15 feeders at the start of the session and get this bed of dead joker out there on your feeder line - then just fish small feeder over the top with a few maggots and casters and see if it responds.

On the pole line I would put a couple of balls in with a bit of grey leam added to the damp mix and then just fish maggot or caster over the top.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

am having problems getting fresh b/j as supplier won't order till regular frosts-not likely at moment. Is a few packets of the frozen stuff worth getting, but would have no hooker bait only pinkie or small choppie?

Comment

Dont bother buying the frozen stuff... you should have a tackle shop somewhere near you that is doing it... just get yourself a small fish tank and a bubbler and when you get it fill the tank with fresh rainwater or bottled water at a push and stick the boys in there over night before fishing - you will need a really fine mesh net to get them out.

If you keep changing the water every three days and scooping out any dead joker you can keep them for a couple of weeks no probs..
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
          X