Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

New Site Problems, Faults, Likes or dislikes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
    Nothing wrong Maverboy the site is very not well used these days. Thats despite the fact that we have a fair number of new members who join but never post.
    That's a shame Brian, maybe it will get back to what it was one day, all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by maverboy View Post

That's a shame Brian, maybe it will get back to what it was one day, all the best.
      Where ya bin Paul ,Playing with that drone thing ,you had just got last time we met ?
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post

Where ya bin Paul ,Playing with that drone thing ,you had just got last time we met ?
        Nah Col, that was a toy, have been looking at proper ones though, lol.
        Packed in the match fishing mate, had enough, going to fish the Severn when we're allowed back out, get back to why I started as a kid, hope you're well mate, all the best, 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by maverboy View Post

Nah Col, that was a toy, have been looking at proper ones though, lol.
          Packed in the match fishing mate, had enough, going to fish the Severn when we're allowed back out, get back to why I started as a kid, hope you're well mate, all the best, 👍👍
          Same here mate give me a Bell if you like
          we can have a day out if ya want
          Be good to see ya again
          Take Care mate
          Colin

Comment

Will do Col

Comment

Nothing wrong Maverboy the site is very not well used these days. Thats despite the fact that we have a fair number of new members who join but never post.
              Brian, I seriously believe if the site had a different layout and was easier to navigate it would get back to normal, I left because of it, basically there is only one other coarse angling site now which is ridiculous, there's no competition.
              Does oneabung still own the site, is he open to suggestions?

Comment

Oneabung does still own the site, he could be open to suggestions, to improve the flow of the site. I believe that the site has too many unused sections that should simply be dumped, and a fairly basic front page be used there is far to many areas, on it. but if you have any ideas let me know, I can try and run them by Oneabung.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Anything is worth trying Bri
                  Colin

Comment

I'll have a think and see what I can come up with.

Comment

What I cant get my head round is the number who register with this site and never post at all. Why join if you dont use it? In recent weeks we have had a good number of new registrations, ok Covid-19 gives us time to fill, but simply less than 0.3% have posted, and then probably about a sales ad or a want. Its not an entirely new phenomina as we have a near 10000 members who have never posted. Ok I understand a touch of shyness and some may only just want to browse, but in a sport were we can all learn something, lean some one else something, the lack of posting defeats me.

Comment

What I cant get my head round is the number who register with this site and never post at all. Why join if you dont use it? In recent weeks we have had a good number of new registrations, ok Covid-19 gives us time to fill, but simply less than 0.3% have posted, and then probably about a sales ad or a want. Its not an entirely new phenomina as we have a near 10000 members who have never posted. Ok I understand a touch of shyness and some may only just want to browse, but in a sport were we can all learn something, lean some one else something, the lack of posting defeats me.
                        I still think people sign up and find the site a bit difficult to navigate and/or see lack of recent posts and log off, the previous incarnation of the site was simpler and easier to use.

Comment

Ostensibly its the same site with the same layout, fewer sections on the front page would make the site look more used, we had to upgrade the software as the previous version, had become unstable and was crashing on a regular basis, along it being useless at posting pictures. What i get a tad upset at is seeing posts on facebook by our members that could be placed on here. It gets that facebook is the home of TA. Mind you all forums are less used that the hey days. Without a shadow of doubt Facebook posts often get an instant response, but are not much use as a reference book.
                          Whilst you say you find it difficult to navigate this site, in what way do you find it difficult. Maybe we can sort it.

Comment

Working...
                          X