Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

worst ever match...whats yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst ever match...whats yours?

As a starter, given all the hype and expectation i have to say the fisho qualifier last week at Boldings. Sure there are low weights and it can be a struggle in winter but thats expected. But last week with my first ticket i drew a best described as a peg just off a 90 degree corner with the next peg a similar distance away giving us both approx 13m ish out (so as not to invade) and about 7m edges.

It fished extremely hard with the pool being won with 20lb, I weighed (knowing we had done no good) 15lb. Given whats there for the overall winner I was gutted to have my chance blown away by a the way it fished and not by my limited ability.

The following day the same pool with normal pegging was won with 104lb. Bloody marvellous!!

Match at Priory lakes last week. We wernt pegged on the match lake but on the other island lake which has fished poorly for weeks. Winning weight was a 17lb, i came 4th with 4lb 13oz!! Tried everything had a small carp after an hour to method feeder after an hour quickly lost another then couldnt get a bite. Ended up fishing down the edge and catching 'bits'.

Comment

I entered a match on a caravan park in Thirsk where my grandparents used to have a static. I came second with about 2lb, the winner with a single 6lb carp.

At the time i was about 14 and over the moon to have come second, but looking back it was a very poor lake, but hey at least i could fish every day while i was there with just a 10metre walk from the caravan.

Comment

too many to list but this years was fishing a lake that had alot of new fish(stockies) and all the fish were shoaled up in 4 pegs,if you was next to these pegs you still could not pull any stockes over into your swim they would not budge.So having to sit 2 pegs away watching 3 anglers catching one a chuck,and only catching the odd skimmer/perch was without doubt the most frustating match I've fished for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by nige c View Post
          As a starter, given all the hype and expectation i have to say the fisho qualifier last week at Boldings. Sure there are low weights and it can be a struggle in winter but thats expected. But last week with my first ticket i drew a best described as a peg just off a 90 degree corner with the next peg a similar distance away giving us both approx 13m ish out (so as not to invade) and about 7m edges.

It fished extremely hard with the pool being won with 20lb, I weighed (knowing we had done no good) 15lb. Given whats there for the overall winner I was gutted to have my chance blown away by a the way it fished and not by my limited ability.

The following day the same pool with normal pegging was won with 104lb. Bloody marvellous!!
          Have to agree Nige i was there too on Willow pool
          The pegging was diabolacle! but we knew before the draw there was no chance off Oak Willow or Larch!
          The top and bottom of it is the Venue aint suited to a match of this size, but then again the chances of drawing the rubbish are the same for the superstars (although they never do!)
          No use beating yourself up about it mate.....Thats Fisho for ya!...........ya pays ya money..........................

HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Originally posted by ABBO62 View Post
            Have to agree Nige i was there too on Willow pool
            The pegging was diabolacle! but we knew before the draw there was no chance off Oak Willow or Larch!
            The top and bottom of it is the Venue aint suited to a match of this size, but then again the chances of drawing the rubbish are the same for the superstars (although they never do!)
            No use beating yourself up about it mate.....Thats Fisho for ya!...........ya pays ya money..........................

If boldings isn't suited to hold a fisho then the same could be said of most of the venue's Barford is normally won from match, pleasure or high pools and the likes of railway and willows don't stand a chance. Woodlands at thirsk is only won off the corner pegs so really you will never get a venue that is ideally suited for fisho but it gives mr average the chance if he draws well.
            Steve Davies

Comment

do i have to really answer this?
              talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

My worst match has to be many moons ago on a freezing cold day on the regents canal in London, where we were all struggling, but managed to nick a few little perch and roach (and I really mean little), plus to be told at the weigh-in as I was getting my net out, that I'd probably beat a field of about 100 anglers...................... only to find one fish in the net and everyone looking at me as if I was telling porkies, then finding a split by one of the rings where the tiddlers did a colditz escape on me.
                Embarrassing or what
                RIVE-MASTER:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by anglergrinder View Post
                  I entered a match on a caravan park in Thirsk where my grandparents used to have a static. I came second with about 2lb, the winner with a single 6lb carp.

At the time i was about 14 and over the moon to have come second, but looking back it was a very poor lake, but hey at least i could fish every day while i was there with just a 10metre walk from the caravan.
                  Let me guess Thirkleby hall ????
                  nd my worst fishing match was not so much bad as i came second but the problem was i had sun stroke for fishing the match the day before and i was feelin rotten lol

Orchy

Comment

Originally posted by fishermans-friend View Post
                    Let me guess Thirkleby hall ????
                    nd my worst fishing match was not so much bad as i came second but the problem was i had sun stroke for fishing the match the day before and i was feelin rotten lol

Orchy
                    Yeah thats the one!!

It was only really a match for people on holiday there (i think) and im not sure if you could get day tickets if you came in from outside the site, but it wasnt the best fishing anyway.

Comment

boldings shouldnt of been allowed to change the rule on feeding chopped worm 5 minutes before the draw i was told earlier it was not allowed, then to find out the match was won on chopped worm and caster was just a kick in the teeth

Comment

my worste match was the very first match i ever fished,,at parklands in mansfield!
                        i sat there all day and never even got a twitch,,,,,,then a swan came flying in and landed on my top kit,and severed it straight off,,,,oh and theres a fairway running the full length of the fishery behind a small hedge,,,,,hearing "FOUR" then seeing a big hard splash all day was a little un nerving!

every other match after that has been a draw aswell!
                        Last edited by Leaky Lloyd; 4 May 2009, 03:27 PM.
                        :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

my worst match was a couple of years ago at a place next to the severn at holt fleet. there are two pools a pub a camping site and a few static caravans. anyway i drew a corner peg and was well pleased. i started to set up full of confidence until a vice from behind me said your wasting your time there mate! why ? ( i replied to the chap who was talking to me from the window of his static caravan behind my peg) wait til you plumb up you'll see why. so in goes my plumb bomb attached to my pole, margin was about four inches deep , sixteen meters 4 inches deep! infact all the way across to the other side 4 Bloody inches deep (sob!) after 3 hours of wasting my time and bait without any chance of a bite me and the two blokes pegged next to me said sod it and went to the pub!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          the match was one with 1 5lb carp, brilliant

Comment

I had a diabolical match at swiss farm where i won the match with a 2 pound of roach and there was only one other person who caught worst lake and match ever

Comment

Pre the days of the commercials, some of the matches described here would have been seen as high weight matches, you dont know how lucky you are to have fish soup waters to fish, blanks were a regular occurance back then, and I can remember on more than one occasion a coach load of us all blanking. but as my now deceased travelling partner used to say, you have to have a bad day to know when you have had a good one, and failure to pick any coin up used to see the comment that our money was only being lent.
                              Me well these days I dont expect a ton every time I go out, fish for bites and give my drawn peg 100% and use the logic that if I beat either side of me then I have a chance of winning, after that I just want to enjoy my day.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X