Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Getting bk into match fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting bk into match fishing

Hi all hope u r all well my name is jason im looking to get bk into the match fishing i havent fished for 3 years so got to restock my gear

Welcome Jason. 3 years is not too bad. I packed it up for 6 years and I saw a lot of changes when I started back.

Comment

Hi Jason like Andy its been 6 years since I wet a line, but had an even longer break some years back that lasted 18 years. Now there were some changes in that period of time. However during this lockdown I have gotten the bug again, and have been busy sorting through my gear, ordering elastics, pullas, line, etc. I cant wait for that first outing back, dont think the wifes that happy lol. Jason enjoy your time on the site and on the bank.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Glad to see you've got the urge back Brian

Comment

Sounds like there's a few of us in the same boat. I've not fished a match for 9 yrs, only had a cpl of pleasure sessions sat in a chair fishing a waggler, probably 3 times in the last 9 yrs! Good to see a few of us getting back into the game. This site used to be a hive of activity a few years ago, hopefully we're seeing resurgence!! 👍

Comment

Hello all, The site has gone very quiet, few years ago if you posted anything up, you would always get plenty of response from anglers that are current, and into there match fishing big style.
            I match fish myself at club level, and love the challenge against some very good anglers who are willing to pass on information about rigs, feeders, bait, swim rotation, feeding etc
            Some of the lads I fish with, will fish three or four matches a week and are really tuned in to venues and success,
            I posted regular at one time but got fed up when the feed back became less and less, so then I also shut up shop, it would be good to hear from some of the old names on the site, or any one .
            Good luck with your match fishing lads, stay safe.

Comment

Great news that you are getting back on the bank .
              you wont realise just how much you have missed it ,until that magical moment
              the float glides away or the tip fly's round
              All of a sudden ,You're a kid again .
              Great to see a few more of the old members looking in
              onwards & Upwards
              Colin

Comment

Line great to see you back, yes it is/was quiet, however there is still a hardcore of good anglers who are more than willing to pass on info. The site is only as good as its members, whilst many are using Facebook the back catalogue of info on there is not on the scale of TA.
                Whilst I have had a sabatical from angling theres not a day goes by that I dont log on here. Its difficult to advise on venues or baits that your not using. However like many if I can help I will.
                Last edited by Brian G; 7 July 2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

hi all
                  im martin from kent just started fishing again after 25 year lay off before poles came out lol.i have purchased match gear pole and rods ect
                  i am quite perplexed by the ammount of pole floats on the market can any one please advise about 10 float rigs to use. i will be fishing commercials with all the regular fish.
                  due to a injury i am unable to tie my own rigs like i used to do when carp fishing and float fishing back in the day.
                  and any preferance to manufacturer on said rigs
                  i appreciate there are people who can tie rigs for you but most have a waiting time of 4/5/weeks turn around
                  bit long winded thanks for reading
                  any help advice very much appreciated hope to see you on the bank

Comment

Hi Martin welcome back to fishing, thats a long time to be out, and yes things have changed a bit aint they. In terms of ready made rigs I have not purchased any probably because when I returned they were often rubbish, however things have moved on and the bigger companys do them, might be worth having a look here https://www.bobcotackle.co.uk/search...igs&submitter= the Drennan range look decent for starters, they will at least get you started, and buy some time to allow some of the made to order guys to get you some done. Bobco are a pretty good company to deal with I have used them recently and the goods arrived pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                    X