Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Best bait for this time of year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best bait for this time of year

Hi i tend to use sweet corn and caster what do thinks the best bait for this time of year?

Tell us a bit more about the venue you are fishing chap and the type and size of fish then we can help you a bit more.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Depends on where you fish,expander pellet over micros takes some beating on the pole for carp.
      But for a mixed bag ,worm and caster is the way forward.
      Roll on friday

Comment

On my local venue Pellet scores all year round and right now we,re taking roach skimmers crusians tench chub and carp on it. As was previously stated a lot depends on the venue but imo the pellet is a very versatile bait.

Comment

I am going to try the Coldwater pellets and micros tomorrow with a selection of hooker pellets and corn, hope the Carp will play , I'll let you know if it was the right choice.........................
          PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

dont forget our wriggly little friends

Comment

Originally posted by micke
              Hi i tend to use sweet corn and caster what do thinks the best bait for this time of year?
              CHOPPED WORM & CASTER WITH PREDATOR +

Comment

Maggots will work better than most baits, on most fisheries when its cold

Comment

a driver your using preadator + do you think it makes a differance

Comment

i would use 4mm expanders with micro pellets, they are very good in coldwarter or caster & choped worm or sweet cron depends on the venue you are fishing.

Comment

Working...
                    X