Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Blythe Waters - Knowle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blythe Waters - Knowle

Has anyone fished any of the opens lately?
    As it is quite close for me I'm going to pop down and start fishing a few but way out of touch with current form so just looking for a few pointers.

Thanks.
    PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Nip into the Tacklebox on the Heathway, Alan and the lads there run the opens, mind you they might see you as a threat.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Brian, I am popping down to Blythe for tomorrows match so just sorting out for that at the moment but I will pop in and chat with Alan and the lads at the tackle box, he knows I don't catch fish at Blythe so he won't worry about me
      PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

They were putting a lot of chopped worm in to catch the fish.It upset some anglers because of the cost.I think they were putting in up to 2 kilo.Im not sure if that method is still doing the business,but it was untill recently.As brian g said pop into the heathway,or solihull angling centre,as i know they fish their every week.
        cornerstone.

Comment

I believe Mick Palfrey fishes some of their opens Eric. Bet they catch a lot of crayfish on worm!!
          John - Kingfisher
          Talk Angling Senior Member
          Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

the last time i fished it was about September 06 they was putting 2 kilo of worm 5 pints of caster i took pellet meat and sweet corn but done no good winner had about 110lb

Comment

I fished the place once this year,that was enough.Anything decent that i hit headed straight for those stupid islands that someone decided to put in.Islands attached to scaffolding poles!You end up having a tug of war with the fish,you either drag them back from under the floating attached to scaffolding poles islands,or get smashed to bits.The fish are hard fighters[naseby carp]so you lose tackle.
              cornerstone.

Comment

Well I drew well enough today, peg 4 on Willow, the chat before tha match was to fish tight to the floating island straight out @ 14.5 metres but even better, fish 16m to the island to the left of the other line, also be careful with the feed.

I set up the 2 lines, plus one on my side down the edge plus one in a bit shallower water @ 8 m to my right.

After rotating the swims, feeding a pinch of micros and a couple of expanders here and there, switching between pellet and corn on the hook, I went an hour without a fish so decided to scale down on hooks and lines and bait size.

Eventually started to have the odd small F1 and silver fish then had a lost fish which I guessed was a liner. Went over with a half depth rig and landed a golden Orfe, just over 1lb and a common about 3lb next 2 puts before it all went quiet. Had a couple of half decent Carp and a couple of F1's in the remaining time to finish with 24lb all off the 14.5 m line on 4mm pellet or corn.

There were a couple of 35lb nets and one of 50lb by the time I left so guess I had about half a decent weight .

First match of the year so happy to be back ticking over.
                PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

Working...
                X