Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

ccccold hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccccold hands

how does everyone keep warm in the winter whilst out fishing i have a lovely bib and brace and coat but my hands always get cold ??????????

Vasaline (ooooeeeerrrr) on the back of your hands. Sit on them if on the feeder or what I do x5 pairs of fingerless gloves X1 for each hour if ur catching as they get wet and uncomfortable also get some of the hand warmers that u snap and create a chemical reaction these are not red hot but just nice reuse able pop them in boiling water when u get home to reverse the reaction. Ready for next time about £5 for x2. Also a nice hot flask I take lemon and ginger tea so only hot water and x2 tea bags go in and leave them to brew. Lovely cuped in the hand and the ginger warms u up. (What a tart lol)
    " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

Rub vaseline in bout 1hr b4 you set out get some thin unpowdered gloves the disposable ones either rubber or nitrile , cut the thumb & forefinger off each hand, reapply vaseline after you're set up then stick the gloves on - if its really bitter you can do another layer of vaseline on top of the gloves then anpther pair of gloves - this works well for me - plus you can fish normally - swing / unhook/ tie hooks etc - even roll tabs - but thia gets abit tricky past 11.50 metres! !!!!!!

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Andes-Camp...34385659&rt=nc
        i have 2 off these's really good , not this make an other one brought mine years ago just keep buying the fuel stick now and then
        when i got wet hands stick them in my pockets and dry really quick and warm up quite fast
        last for hours and can reuse the fuel sticks just stubb them out for next time

Comment

Vaseline is good use a big blob then rub it in untill there's no sign of it. I don't like hand warmers I think after you've got your hands warm they cool quicker then get colder.
          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

I bought a pair of peter storm fingerless mitts from an outdoor shop in york about 4 years ago and they're still going strong albeit a little rough round the edges. They're made of some type of fleece material that claims to be waterproof to a point and must be windstopper too as they're really warm. I never dip my hands in the water and they've stood up to unhooking lots of silvers over the years so are a bit slimy. I always have a towel to hand and this may have helped preserve them a little. I was originally looking round for sealskinz gear but no-one stocks an extensive range of their gloves to try on.
            Theses were the next best thing i found.
            MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

The way you have been catching on that there canal I am surprised that you have had chance to get cold......

Comment

Come on then nige who's been talking lol...

Had a sesh on tuesday with scunnyiron and he had double figures as well.
                Roach fishing is fantastic, there's good perch too. Just need some big bonus skimmers.
                MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Just a rumour I heard from Rich Longbottom that you won a few on the bounce

Comment

That was on a different stretch nige, a win and two seconds. I did draw the same peg three times on the trot though!
                    This other bit i'm fishing at the moment the fish average six and a half ounces so good weight builders.
                    And yes you don't get chance to feel cold.

Another suggestion for fingerless gloves...the ones used for weightlifting or wheelchair users. Lots more flexible than the neoprene things we get shoved at us. There's stacks on ebay at dirt cheap prices.
                    MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

i never even thought of the wheel chair gloves
                      My mom gave me a pair to use in the winter when she was alive !!
                      I used them on loads of Matches ,because of the padding in the Palm they were absolutely Fantastic for Shipping pole constantly & because of the way they are put together
                      they were the Best gloves i have ever had ,i remember no matter how wet it was the Cold never got through!!
                      That was a Great Post Rattler
                      off i go 1st thing tommorrow to the Disabled shop in Worcester !!
                      Cheers Mate
                      i Take it the canal you are on is the Stainey around Thorne ?
                      Is Barnby Dunne any good in the winter v? that used to be full of Big Roach i beleive !!
                      Colin

Comment

Stainey at Thorne is dominated by the bloodworm matches col, and I'm not sure the roach are at barnby dun in the numbers they used to be. Not enough to warrant any winter league rounds. Last one I fished in that area was at tanker bay just down the road and there were only 4 fish caught in the whole section. Two lads had a tiny perch each on bloodworm and I had one on the tip.
                        Better worm anglers than me were blanking so I stuck a lobby on painted with pol vitamo and landed it tight to the tins. Wallop! 2lb chub in the sack. Everyone was instantly off their boxes and rooting through their holdalls lol.
                        I just sat for the remaining 3 hours praying and luckily enough there wasn't another fish caught.
                        Just remembered i did draw 3 pegs from barnby dunne bridge once and all the weights were small perch with about 4lb winning the section.
                        It's the aire and calder navigation i've been fishing just recently.
                        MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

just had a message from Terry Finn
                          he said Barnby Dunn the Roach Arrive about July & are gone by September
                          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                            just had a message from Terry Finn
                            he said Barnby Dunn the Roach Arrive about July & are gone by September
                            All hemp and elderberries!!!
                            MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Been to an autojumble today and picked up apair of DeWalt 3-finger framers for £8.
                              Had a look on screwfix website and they should normally be £20 so result!
                              Screwfix have 16 pages of gloves in the workwear section and they have plenty of other options if anyone is still looking for gloves for winter....must be something for everyone amongst that lot!
                              MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Working...
                              X