Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Float stability:Do we know what we are buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float stability:Do we know what we are buying?

I saw this link on another site, and read it thoroughly.
    Some eye openers here (read both parts and use next page on each page).

Floats1

Floats1pt2

Read it and see what you think.

I cannot find the Sensas Auchy floats in the U.K. DDS9 looks a bit fragile for our commercials.

Thick short wire stems and tapered bottom to top end floats with a smooth shoulder anyone.

Maybe we can get this guy (David Ewing) to a do a hook in the loop comparison with a normal rig.

A lot of ppl have read it, why is nobody commenting on it?

Comment

Hi mate , cant get the links to work.

Comment

Hi moorzy,
        If you are getting pop-up blocked, etc try pressing the control key and the link. Other than that, works fine for me. Anybody else struggling?

Comment

Very interesting !

Perhaps those who laughed in the Ignesti Z3 will now eat their words ?

Comment

The sensas auchy and DDS9 look like they were designed as out and out silver fish floats for more natural venues. Browning also do a version very similar if not the same which I have been using recently. Used a 3g on saturday in about 16 foot of water and it behaved very well, although there was no wind or tow the shape meant for a cleaner connection on the strike. Tend to lose the fibre bristles in the winter tree reflections though(old age) Re-tied one with a sight sleeve on when I got home and it looks bang on.
            For commercials I've been using the sensas Hubert which is primarily a river pattern, similar in shape to the Rameau Honneger in the article. Thick wire stem, plastic bristle, and a coil instead of a side eye. Landed a few doubles whilst fishing for skimmers and they've come back unscathed(made sure they stayed out of the landing net though) Hope this helps.
            MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

I must admit to struggling lately on this very problem of float stability with pole floats and it is very interesting article. It is a bit annoying though when you can't find the tackle which is reccomended and performed the best.
              Just as a silly idea but does anyone use a waggler type of float on the pole because these are always stable and ride through the waves perfectly.
              you don't stop playing because you're too old
              you're too old because you stopped playing

Comment

TEAM RATTLER, don't be a spoil sport, even if your eyes are going (LOL!), tell us what float pattern the Browning was then.
                Its obvious that we (in the U.K.) do not take pole float stability serious enough unlike our French neighbours seem to do. It makes you wonder how many more bites you would get if your float was sitting perfectly in any weather condition (within reason).
                Jeffc I dont use a waggler type float on the pole.

Comment

Hi Glenn! Just been into my local shop today and looked it up in the browning catalogue and it's called the 'Europa'. Seems 3g is as big as it goes.
                  MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Thanks, will have a look next time I am in a tackle shop, 3g is plenty enough for me.

Comment

Garbolino DDS14 is a similar shape to the sensas auchy and browning europa but only goes up to 1.5g.
                      MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Could do with having a look at a Browning catalogue, anybody know where there is one on online?

Comment

Have a look here you can download the 2007 catalogue
                          Zebco Sports Europe

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that Bri, I was really after the float catalogue though. My fault for not being specific.

Comment

Welcome To Benwick Sports Angling Centre
                              They don't do the Auchy, but they stock the Lomme which looks very similar

Comment

Working...
                              X