Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hook in loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hook in loop

Has anyone tried this hook in the loop method, does it work?

Hi Milo, you might get a few repies now, you had got it in the wrong forum.
    I have not yet tried it so can not comment.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by milo
      Has anyone tried this hook in the loop method, does it work?
      What exactly do you mean?

Comment

Giles reckons you must follow the 3 rules, if you do that its deadly. Cant see any reason why he would want to kid us,

Comment

From what I have read it seems that the 2 number 8 shots 2" from the hook are key, and whilst they may look like canon balls compared to a number 12 shot. I can remember when number eights were as small as we carried. I will be giving the method a try on silver pool that has a good few crucians in it that are getting that bit harder to catch.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Ashfield Dave
            What exactly do you mean?
            well instead if tying your hook in the normal way with a hook tyier or hair rigging you tie a eyed hook on to a two inch loop and let the hook hang in the loop the line has to be stiffish the idea is you fish it just off the bottom the fish sucks the bait and because of the free movement the fish take in the bait seeing the bites is just a small movement of float bristle Giles swears by it and so do a few others?

Comment

Working...
            X