Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

carbon wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbon wrap

i went to the tackle shop today because one of the sections had broken on my pole it was a straight snap of the no 5 section... they recomended that i saw of the broken secions and telescope it through then put a carbon wrap on the pole which you then pour hot water onto and it apparently fuses to the pole hence fixing the pole... he reckons it'll be as strong if not stronger than the original.. has anyone heard of these wraps and are they any good... because ive just telescoped it and it seems pretty strong???
    :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
    [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Lee give Scot at esselle a shout its worth having the job done properly , whilst telescoping it is ok in an emergency those shrink wraps are not that good and in my opinion should only be a temporary repair, telephone number for Esselle is 0775 967 8774

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

bri i phoned him a few weeks ago and as you know my cash flows a bit tight at the moment thats why i was hoping the wrap would suffice until my cash flows sorted... as i said it seems real strong and the break was pretty clean so i didnt have to trim much off either... i've got a spare of my other pole that fits but it feels real floppy using it as the carbons not so good quality and it seems to unbalance the pole

Comment

esselle have my pole at the moment having 4 sections repaired,
        Matt Smith
        Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

ive tried a pole doctor wonder sleeve... it seems really good, i've cut the broken ends back and telescoped it through and put on the sleeve, heated it up and it shrinks to the pole seems really strong and will do the job temporarily i hope

Comment

Originally posted by leetwin
            bri i phoned him a few weeks ago and as you know my cash flows a bit tight at the moment thats why i was hoping the wrap would suffice until my cash flows sorted... as i said it seems real strong and the break was pretty clean so i didnt have to trim much off either... i've got a spare of my other pole that fits but it feels real floppy using it as the carbons not so good quality and it seems to unbalance the pole
            If your cash flow is that bad you can save a bit of money by feeding your dog with asda dog food ( 25p a can) instead of £5 worth of joker

Comment

lol. very funny Lee...

Comment

leetwin,telescope it,it will be fine untill you get sorted mate.You could even run a bit of super glue on the joint after you telescope it.

Comment

Working...
                X