Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

PVA fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVA fishing

Having never fished this style,and seeing the results steve ringer and his dad have been getting,i thought i would give it a go.Trawled the internet and finally decided on a guy on ebay.payed today then went and bought the angling times.I couldnt believe that today of all days they have put in an offer of PVA BAGS.I have payed a lot more on e-bay than the AT offer.Too good to miss i have took up AT offer as well.Looks like ill be hiding the bank statements,she indoors thinks ive only bought a meatcutter.Got to buy some bigger leads now to throw these bags out,does it ever end/
    thanks
    cornerstone.

Its usually the way mate buy one thing and find they are selling the same item cheaper round the corner

Comment

Cornerstone, be careful with the PVA. Different makes have vastly different breakdown times. I havent tried the one in angling times but have tried a fair few others and the Korda boilie funnel web 4 seasons has been the best.
      Steve Ringer
      Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

im going to give this method a go i think on hampton springs as the carp seem to move around alot in there and they are some right clonkers in there to.
        sensas /total angling

Comment

steve or anyone is this method used much at larford and what results do they get with it... im thinking of going down there for a session next week and was gonna fish the specimen pool and i know the pole aint so good on there this time of year
          :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
          [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

Leetwin, i dont know anyone who has used it at Larford but it would definitely work. I would check its allowed first though although i can see no reason why it wouldnt be.
            Steve Ringer

Comment

i thought that surely the speci boys would have used it??? i might give it a go then thanks steve
              :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
              [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

Il have a mess about with the different bags steve.Ill probably end up buying the korda ones if these are no good.
                thanks
                cornerstone.

Comment

Cornerstone, the term bags is misleading to be honest. Make sure you actually buy the mesh on the tubes, the size you want is called boilie mesh.

Leetwin im sure the speci boys have used it, i was referring to match anglers.
                  Steve Ringer

Comment

steve it is mesh .The ebay stuff is boilie mesh,and ive also ordered from him another new mesh thats thinner than the boilie mesh.I cant remember the name,the spiel is that this guys mesh is better than the korda/but i wont hold my breathe.The AT stuff is also the mesh,it also states that you can use damp groundbait etc,but it still haves a fast meltdown.As i say i will have a mess about at first,untill i get the hang then probably use it on a match somewhere.
                    thanks
                    cornerstone.

Comment

Working...
                    X