Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

joint build up and joint protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joint build up and joint protector

is carbon spray and joint protector any good as ive just found a tin of each that someone gave too me earlier in the year and i'm thinking of giving my pole a blast with the stuff??? does it do what its supposed to or is it just a con??
    :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
    [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

I have used it , seems to work, cant do any harm.
    Make sure you let the layers dry properly in between each coat, or it can run. It will still wear of but after using it on a couple of pole that are fairly thin blanks (canal style poles) it was pretty good.

Comment

right ive just finished with the carbon spray and i think i have to wait a while till its dried to use the joint protector now do i put this on both the male and female joints or just the male???

Comment

Just the male, slowly build up layers and you will notice it will get a snugger fit

Comment

is it best to do all male sections or just the most frequantly used???

Comment

the one you break down the most mate, the one your power top 2 goes on or you match top 3.

Comment

ok ive done them all as they all was wearing thin the poles quite old any way but looks the dogs b******ks now i'm impressed thanks for that

Comment

Nice one mate, no problem

Comment

can anyone advise which one to use, and how much it is?

Comment

ive just used the maver one and the pole looks good its about &#163;5 a can but worth it if it prolongs the life of your pole

Comment

Working...
                    X