Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

anywhere similar to rolf's???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keith
    replied
    Lea,

During the winter it can be peggy. However, like all venues there will be favoured pegs. During the summer the fish could be anywhere. If you look at the map on Rolfs website it will give you an idea of what it looks like. The smaller part of the lake is shallower than the other. Depths range from 2ft in the edge to 10ft in places.

Bait wise I would take hook pellets (your choice), meat,paste,worms have there day, bread.

For feeding either hemp or Rolfs pellets.

I must hasten to add I have not fished it since last september and will not be there until our match. So things may have changed a little.

Clive has fished it more regularly than myself as has Steve007

Leave a comment:

• leetwin
    replied
    is it all pellet Kieth or what other baits am worth a try??? I've been told it can be quite peggy too is that right???

Leave a comment:

• keith
    replied
    Lee

I tend to think Rolf's is a one off venue.

Sure plenty of venues will give up big weights of fish. However, they don't tend to fight as hard. Believe me, it is a cracking venue. During the summer you will see a blanket of black across the lake moving from one side to the other. Come the all in they all disappear looking for food. Get them going and your in for a good day.

Leave a comment:

• leetwin
    started a topic anywhere similar to rolf's???

anywhere similar to rolf's???

Is there anywhere local to me(west mids) that fishes similar to rolf's??? I was just wondering because closer to the match there i'd like to practise and it isn't possible at the actual venue plus its a long way to go... So is there anywhere that you'd use similar tactics, baits and generally similar fishing???
Working...
X