Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Turning Pro Fisherman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Pro Fisherman?

Hi all,

im just wondering if anyone knows how to become a professional fisherman

Many Thanks Gadz.

Spend three or four years fishing at least three times a week, win regularly on a variety of venues then hopefully by then you can get some sort of sponsorship deal from one of the tackle companies - but to be honest how many are there in the country??? Not many and your really gonna struggle to do it unless you can commit to fish nearly every day for quite a while before anyone is going to give you the sort of sponsorship to make it work financially.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

As Simon says its a long hard road to become a full time angler. If you are talking match winnings wise then i think its a no go from the start. You need a good sponsor and ideally more than one. To achieve that will mean fishing as often as possible, and targetting high profile events and winning them. Even then there are no guarantees that you will get spotted and a company will take you on. When you look at amount of full time anglers out there, then that will give you an idea of how hard it is to become one. From what i know i think theres only five or six in the country.
      Steve Ringer
      Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

Buy a trawler !!
        you don't stop playing because you're too old
        you're too old because you stopped playing

Comment

Working...
        X