Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hair Rig Loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Rig Loop?

Hi all,

im not sure if this is correct, but i have been doing a loop like this:

1. Make two loops so they are both on top of each other then make smaller loop

2. Put the Smaller loop through the 2 bigger loops.

3. keep hold of the loop which was threaded thorugh the two big loops.

4. Pull so a loop is formed - its making a slip loop though what i mean by this is that you can ajust the loops size. is this ok?

Gadz.

If you put a a float stem or something similar through your double loop and then tighten the loops up by pulling the line on the free side you will find that you can make the loop size as small as you want. alternatively buy a Seymo loop tier, it is a small plastic disc with two pairs of pins, again slip the pair of loops on one pin and the loop for you hair rig on the other and tighten up it makes loops of the same size every time, the two pairs of pins lets youmake two different size loops.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

cant you just show me how to manually make a loop, id like to learn can you write up some step by step for tying a hair rig loop? please

Gadz

Comment

heres a picture of the loop tier theres three of them bottom left, it comes with simple instructions and cost around £1

Comment

yes i know but its all done by well you could say machinery, would be more acheivable if i could learn it all manually myself. Im sure someone wouldnt mind writing some step by step instructions if not i will consider buying the loop tiers

Comment

ive been looking for some loop tiers on some online tackle shops, but i cannot find any, shall i just visit my local tackle shop?

Gadz

Comment

Try this link it Hopkns & Holloway ( Seymo ) although the charge more for post than the loop tier

SEYMO Accessories*-*Seymo Accessories

Comment

i use this loop tier ...and cannot match it by hand for the size of loop it leaves you with,,,a real handy bit of plastic
                In darkness we do what we can
                In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

try this gadz...may help
                  Animated Knots by Grog
                  In darkness we do what we can
                  In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

would my local tackle shop do loop tyers?

Comment

Working...
                    X