Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

stiffest poles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stiffest poles

Has anyone ever seen a truly straight pole at 16 metres.You can get quite stiff poles at 13 meters with match tops on,but start adding sections on and the droop comes into play.Have heard anglers talk about their poles being"strait as a die at 16 meters".But you then see them in action and the pole looks awfull.Ive got a maver m47,nice at about 13m,starts to go at 14.5m,and gone at 16m with power tops on.This was an £1800 pole,advertised as very stiff.I have also tried a tourney,and wasnt that impressed at the longer length.Are we being conned by these manufacterers,rigid very stiff at full length they say.If you bought a 140 mph car,that would only do 120 flat out,then the company would be done for false advertising.But the pole companies seem to falsely state facts about rigidity and get away with it.
    cornerstone.

ive got a garbolineo premier legion and at 16 meters it to droops but not as bad as most poles, the best pole i have seen is garbolino g995 competition. two yrs a go i fished with darren cox, and boy that ploe was the best ive seen at 16 meters if i had the money thats the one i would buy. all poles at 16 meters droop no pole is straight at 16 meters

Comment

very interesting thread, partic. re-m47,where i live it's very difficult to try poles unless someone has one, on forums generally heard that G995 is around the stiffest-how does that compare to the spectron-would deffo. like to hear more on this as mag.reviews don't even do comparitive tests nowadays and it's user opinions that are most relevant particuarly as a few people have fished or owned a few differing models.

Comment

The spectron is a very good canal,river pole.Light carp duties yes,but i have witnessed a fair few spectron joints literally explode.i think its the 5th joint thats suspect.But on a canal they are one of the best.i think its about time a basic,simple test should be brought out by where a measurement of the droop in a pole is accurately recorded[with a match and a power top fitted.]we would then know what we wanted for our money,not listen to the crap about how stiff the pole is.maver are prime examples of this hype,they seem to state all their poles are stiff etc.I have been assured that presently the G995 is probably the stiffest for around 2 grand.but i havent as yet seen one past 13 metres.Food for thought,if a pole was super stiff,didnt droop at all,then it would probably snap.
        thanks
        cornerstone.

Comment

The mags should show a picture of the pole at full length,then we can see for ourselfs if its "poker striaght". The reviewer says how good the damn thing is at 16metres then you see a picture of him fishing at around 11m-13m?

Most poles are good at this length anyway so whats the point in fishing this length(11m-13m).If i'm paying 2000 grand for a top of the range pole i want to know how it fairs at 16metres.

Comment

garbolino superleague is straight and light i am 13 and can hold at 13-14.5 m

Comment

I had a spectron and at the time it was the straightest out there. But I picked it up alongside a tourney pro in a shop and wanted to put it down straight away!! The tourney felt alot better. I now have a G995 (as I picked one up at a good price) and alongside the spectron it is alot stiffer, I wouldn't like to say which is better, the tourney pro or the G995? I'm not one to say, 'the pole I've got is better than another pole. The finish is better on the G995!

Comment

I think a pole starts to lose it's rigidity at 11 mtr's, After that gravity take's over and it does'nt matter what the pole cost you can't beat gravity. The best way to test a pole for stiffness is to put the but section in a pole rest with a level a yard or so from the ground, and with a tape measure check the distance from the but to the ground and then the tip section, and you will find about about 15" inch droop on a top of the range pole. make sure you'r on level groun.

Comment

Working...
                X