Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hunting The Specimen Lake Carp, Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting The Specimen Lake Carp, Help

Hi all,

im just wondering would you need a really really technical rig in order to catch like the top 5 biggest fish in the lake? am also wondering what the best technique is in order to catch bigger fish, i had the waggler setup today, rather cold and kept banging out roach didnt really want them but.... and i was using bread punched onto a size 14 hook, the float was banging under and i kept missing the strike and ive hardly ever missed a strike in my life however i hardly ever use bread i pushed the hook through the other side and rested the hook on top, is this correct and why was i missing the bites?...sorry about the questions but i am just inquiring. Help apreciated.

Gadz.

Punched bread is best fished just touching bottom or just of bottom, this can be a bit difficult to achieve on the waggler, the culprits for the missed bites could have been from tiny blade roach just plucking at the bait, sometimes you have to vary the size of punch you use remember punched bread at least doubles in size when wet, how big a punch were you using, also a size 14 is a bit too large and maybe dropping down to a size 18 might have produced more positive bites,

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X