Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

4bb Float Too Heavy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4bb Float Too Heavy?

Hi all,

im off fishing the same lake as i did sunday, and to be honest it was fishing proper . If i tryed a more heavy float will these winter fish recognise it as i feel the fish are not biting as hard at the moment? its a 4BB waggler. Do you think its a waste of time using it? or shall i just use like a 2BB? many thanks

Gadz.

It all depends on how far your having to cast out, the depth that your fishing in and what the conditions are like at the time

Comment

Use an insert waggler that is just heavy enough to cast accuratley to the same place all the time

Comment

im gonna be fishing rather deep (metre) and about 1 and half rod lengths out (13 ft rod)

Comment

sorry, let me correct all of that hehe. Ill be about 2 metres deep, and about 2 rod lengths out (13ft) so what size float would you reccommend

Comment

Billy whizz has it about right use an insert waggler and get it dotted down, as most of the weight will be around the float size is not that critical but a 3bb would be more than ample, using two bb shots to lock your float and a couple of no 8 shots as bulk down the line again using any additional shot required under the float. the resistance a fish will feel is what is required to pull it under so dont have 2" out of the water. You have not said what the target fish are but that set up would cover most silver fish and small carp.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

the target fish are carp...big carp if i can catch them ... i never bother with weights down the line i normally just bang the 3 bb at the top for locking shots hehe

Comment

If its big carp dont really matter how big the float is you just wait till the rod stats being pulled in . They probably aint really on the feed just at the moment following the cold spell and that snow

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Gadz you've been attaching your float/weights for the bait to fall through the water naturally. A sound tactic on it's day usually when feeding over the top in the Summer.
                  John - Kingfisher
                  Talk Angling Senior Member
                  Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Do you think its worth using "dropper shots" whats equal to a BB in smaller weights? - what do you mean Kingfisher?

Comment

Working...
                    X