Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

what i would like to know!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what i would like to know!!!

well, so many people say about feeding two or three lines when match fishing, but if you are catching on one, when do you decide to use the other ones when it could cost you the match by doing so or just waste time?
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

The feeding of several lines gives you somewhere to go to if the fish on your catching line get a bit spooky, it gives you the chance to feed it and let the fish settle, it may cost you a match if you dont look at a margin line especially late on in a match, where you might just snare a lump or two, if you aint feed it they wont be there more likely to be in the next anglers peg eating his bait. so yes you need more than one line.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

thanks for that brian, i understand that but when do you know when to swap to your other lines
      [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

Totally agree Brian, you need to let one swim rest a little and then move back into it, let the fish build up that bit of confidence again, trying different baits in different swims and watch for the tell tale signs, water discolouration and reeds moving.
        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
        ><((((?>
        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

thank weldec just think it may be just me lacking in confidence to fish more than one line and trusting my judgement but think that will come with fishing more matches

Comment

yes i agee with brian,when the fish back off or bites get shy then its time to move to your next line, it could be a sort line or a margin line but always remember to feed these lines to keep them active. also feed the line you have come away from, to get there confidences back on the feed this way you might get to win a match.......(so you think you migth kick your big bors ass this year dream dream dream.....love you

Comment

when you fishing two lines one of them will be more produtive than the other so go to the more productive line.
              I feel it's best at first to feed them differently one feed heavier than the other or different bait as that way you find out what's working faster

Comment

Just because you feed 2 or even 3 lines, doesn't mean you have to fish them, if you're catching quality fish from one line stick at it, when the bites dry up, or the smaller stuff move in, thats the signal to drop on one of the lines you've been feeding, and like Brian as stated, dropping on a margin line late in the match could, and uaually does result in a lump or 2. Tight Lines

Comment

thanks lads. dave thats what i wanted to hear so you dont need to move if you are still getting them and you may never need the other lines, but the tell tale signs to move is when you are hitting the smaller stuff. ( art you may be my bro but it will be the same as all last year kicking your ass every time we go out lol!!!!)

Comment

The tell tale sign of the small stuff moving in indicates that theres not a lot of feed left, in my opinion you should put a good bit in and whilst that line is settling try one of your other lines for 15 mins or so dependent on how you catch on your new line dictates if you need to go back and have another look. Feeding your original line will do no harm as you are unlikely to win by catching bits.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

so you rest line one while you top up line one with more feed. you know i have been fishing for 20 odd years match fishing for a couple of years and i still cant get this right, and who said fishing was easy!!!

Comment

Pick two lines of the same depth and alternate between them, after every fish, so you can use the same rig, rest each swim and feed it more regularly with smaller amounts. Whilst you are fishing one line the fish move in on the other and vice versa. Specially when fishing the margin

Comment

that sounds easier not having to change anything or very little and swaping from one side to the other recon will give that a go i like the easy things

Comment

in winter you have to rest lines on a snake lake you have up to 3 lines on the far bank and dont take any more than two fish form one line
                            sensas /total angling

Comment

Personally for an average commercial with islands or snake i would do a combination of the ideas already mentioned. Have 2 lines on the far side shelf/margins with different baits ie 1 maggot 1 pellet, so i could use the same rig. 2 in open water however 1 would be at 10'oclock just past the near side shelf and the 2nd would be at 2'oclock at around 13mtrs once agian same rig. Then lastly i would have 2 margin swims 1 at 3 mtrs ish so i could feed by hand and the other at about 10 mtrs bearing in mind features.

Start in the open water and then has already mentioned alternate between the 2, get into a rythem of catching and feeding all the swims according to the prevailing weather conditions etc.

Then after half an hour check out the far side swims if nothings happening go back on the open water swims and then later on in the match check out the margin swims.

Always keep your eyes peeled for any movement in the swims you aren't fishing in case they move in. You then keep rotating like that and hopefully bag up.

Even if you don't catch after doing this all day you won't get bored, just knackerd
                              Steve Davies

Comment

Working...
                              X