Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishing mags, boring or wot!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing mags, boring or wot!!

Ok, I love fishing and love to read fishing articles but will admit to getting rather bored with repeat article every 6/12 months, same anglers, same methods, same waters etc. Why can't the jounalist do some research and find out who's winning what where and how!! not difficult surely. i feel they just open there filofax, pick a phone number out and thats it!!

Yes, I'm a tad bit frustrated after spend £3 on a mag and not enjoying it! Use to have a subscription, not anymore.

I have got to agree most of the mags have very little content, perhaps they have had their day, but it is no different in other branches of journalism, whilst I used to buy the lot I rarely pick one up these days having said that articles by Steve Ringer and Giles Cochrane do have fair content and are not just a catalogue of their sponsors products. but again I suppose there is only so much you can write about fishing with the pole. In fact I recently dumped my stock of mags recently, some going back over eight or nine years I dont know if it was just me wanting or should I say needing to know more after a break from fishing of some 18 years but those early mags whilst a little thinner seemed to have more to read and fewer adverts.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Midland Angler is still my favouriteand only one I subscribe to. It's been focussed more on club anglers since the change of regime last year!
      John - Kingfisher
      Talk Angling Senior Member
      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Fishing Mags

Have to agree. The revenue from adverts must be enormous. Plus the repeated articles every nine months or so. At best there are one or two articles which are new and innovative. Somebody is making a lot of money for little effort.

Comment

i like midland angler and match fishing and advanced pole fishing and angling times advanced so basically most of them...lol
          :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
          [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

after a few years i'm sure you'll feel the same way, bored with all of them!! match fishing was the last one i bought, should have browsed before i bought, terrible mistake, the last half decent read was an angling times advanced borrowed of a friend. God how i miss reading Kim Milsom's articles. Why haven't journalist's capitalised on our more recent successful anglers, ie neil machin, 80 kammy points, fishomania, parkdean, surely an article based on Neil's monthly Diary would have been both interesting to read and educational.

Comment

i find i learn more from walking a match looking at the top 3s in the roost long as your sensible i dont think they mind ..... looking at the style they fish ..if they lay it on the water or lower it it stuff like that. and then if you read an article you know what they are saying so it becomes easier..watching a match from the whistle is an eye opener who balls it how much they ball..talking about cuts here.its all there to learn if you want it ........ but what do i know.bring back the prize for last
              In darkness we do what we can
              In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I agree larry, it can be quite interesting having a day off fishing and just watching, it's amazing what you pick up.

Comment

dont by tight john get the brass out and buy the mags.
                  Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Whiteacres Intermediate Festival Winner 2007

Maver Classic 2007 qualyfier

Browning youthmasters 2007 qualyfier

Comment

I also agree, same articles different faces most of the time, around 42 pages of adverts in matchfishing this month not to mention the competition pages.
                    I understand they have to make money but i do think they have gone a little stale, predictable at times.

Comment

I agree also. The editorial content is becoming less & less & samey. I "read" ATA in the newsagents tonight in 5 minutes & kept my money in my pocket

Comment

Originally posted by danny
                        dont by tight john get the brass out and buy the mags.
                        And I remember you telling me that the articles are nothing but lies
                        I do have to say that the best reads were Kim Milson on the matches he fished, there was a Leicester City supporter by the name of Wade whos articles were interesting, at least he did not bag up all the time, and Dave Harrell produced a good article too many are ghost written.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Frank Barlow i could read for ever.... he always had me rolling...talking of cost as it gone up this week &#163;1.50 now

Comment

that should read it as..... not as it

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G
                              And I remember you telling me that the articles are nothing but lies
                              I do have to say that the best reads were Kim Milson on the matches he fished, there was a Leicester City supporter by the name of Wade whos articles were interesting, at least he did not bag up all the time, and Dave Harrell produced a good article too many are ghost written.
                              i like the mags to see results, wats for sale and what new gear is coming, also whats happening in the fishing world..article arnt lies just everything isnt true and a lot of things are repeated
                              Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Whiteacres Intermediate Festival Winner 2007

Maver Classic 2007 qualyfier

Browning youthmasters 2007 qualyfier

Comment

Working...
                              X