Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

trevs tackle-beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trevs tackle-beware

After ordering pva bags on an angling times special offer deal,i am still waiting.The supplier was trevs tackle,and they took my money on the 8th.After patiently waiting,i decided to give them a ring.The pva isnt even in stock,what a cheek.After speaking to james[who wasnt very helpfull,i decided to listen to no more crap and demanded my money back.Its supposed to be 3 working days,it had better be.My order was £35,not a huge amount,but multiplied by a lot of customers,it could be a fair amount of money they are holding on to.I have always been led to believe that the money shouldnt be deducted untill the order is fulfilled,or at least ready to be fulfilled.I dont mind a delay,but i have now waited 14 days and they havent even still got them in stock.The annoying thing is that i didnt even get an apology,what a way to run a business.So beware these offers from AT,when you complain to them,they pass it on to someone else etc.I wont be buying Angling Times again.As for TREVS TACKLE,what a shambles.You have been warned.
    Im angry,
    cornerstone.

It seems that when using an on line shop, theres a need to phone first to ensure its in stock, ok fine if they offer a freephone line, but to some extent negates the facility of ordering on line, whilst I sympathyse with with the dealer who tries to maintain a stock but is then let down by his supplier its time they got their act together and only put on line or advertise the products they can maintain.
    Well done Cornerstone you at least tried to resolve the problem before posting your thoughts and concerns.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

The thing is, one bad shop/tackle dealer can give a bad name to the rest, i've bought quite a few things on-line from floats to a 14m pole, and had no problems. The problems you've had Cornerstone is because this particular dealer is selling gear before he's even ordered it from the manufacturer, which is a bad way to do buisness. I hope everything sorts itself out for you soon.

Comment

Brian
        I phoned and ordered and gave them a debit number the same day.money was deducted immediately and told my order would be despatched straight away as they had been payed straight away.[no cheques to clear etc].I have phoned Angling Times and i expect them to get their act together,as it is their offer.Thanks for your reply ashfield dave,i just hope they dont mess around with refunding my money.I have also sent a letter of complaint to AT,but doubt if they will print it.
        thanks
        cornerstone.

Comment

Hi
          I think things have now been resolved.I contacted angling times again and this time i spoke to a very helpfull bloke.He has even offered to send me some pva of his own.He e-mailed trevs,and the owner then promptly contacted me.He apologised about the delay etc and we have agreed a resolve.They are out of stock now[got no tubes?],but should arrive next week.If the assistant had known anything about customer relations then this could have been resolved sooner.
          thanks
          cornerstone.

Comment

It's a VERY good shop mate,my old man worked there for about 10 yrs and it's in my home town.
            In future when you call them ask for Ashley and tell him Ronaldo and Paul the Yank said I should talk to you.He's a great kid and VERY good with customers and will help you in any way.

Comment

The matter has now been resolved.The owner?i think it was,phoned me and we had a nice chat.He explained what the problem was etc.I am an easy going bloke,but was not happy with the First conversation i had with the shop.But after the other chap phoned,the difference in attitudes was unbelievable,and the problem was quickly and respectfully sorted.Like anyone else,after paying £35 and receiving no goods,i at least expect a decent explanation,the bloke in question was named JAMES,he might not realise it but he needs to get a better grip off customer relations,the tackle industry is very cut throat,and you need all new customers.Hopefully all is now resolved.
              cornerstone.

Comment

have you received your pva bags from trevs,i had an e-mail from trevs on monday of last week saying that the pva bags are in and are being sent out to people who placed orders.it is now 1 week later and i am still waiting for my order?

Comment

Hi last again,
                  The delay was due to the tubing that the pva mesh goes onto.So after waiting as you have done i decided to just have the pva mesh sent out to me.I already have a fishrite tube and plunger[which angling times gave me due to the messing about]and the mesh just fits on the tube.I received extra mesh to compensate for not getting the tubes and plungers,and a bit extra as a goodwill gesture.So im now satisfied,but AT should make sure that any offers they advertise,can be backed up.To pay up front and have to wait a month or more is not right,i will think twice before i take up any more offers.I think you will receive yours soon,they seemed a decent enough company thats been overwhealmed with orders.
                  cornerstone.

Comment

Working...
                  X