Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

crows foot (pole fishing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crows foot (pole fishing)

have noticed various peolpe using this method to attach rigs to elastic can some body explain why and how to do it please

thread a small bead onto elastic this is too stop laccy heading back up the pole then tie a double overhand loop in laccy snip the laccy in middle off loop and walla a crows foot too attach rig tie a loop in main line end of rig the a smaller loop at the end of that double up your rig line and pass it thru the bigger of the two loops giving you a false loop within a loop put crows foot thru this false loop and tighten down onto the elastic to remove the rig simply pull the smaller loop and it frees the rig from the laccy it is basically the same method for attaching your rig to a flick tip or whip sounds complex i know but it works

Comment

Look under "Tackle reports and advice" thread for a number of useful tips on the Crows foot and other means of attaching rigs!
      John - Kingfisher
      Talk Angling Senior Member
      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

i use the crows foot all the time with all sizes of elastic, even with heavy grades of elastic i have never had it fail on me, each and every one to their own but i dislike clonking stonfo connectors !

Comment

Working...
        X