Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

docklows pools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• docklows pools

just wondering if anyone has fished it in may, or the spring time. me and my bro is going there for a week hols, i normaly go up in middle of august but going may instead
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

matches or plesure ? pleasure go to mickymouse guarinteed a bite

Comment

plesure but they hold a match for the residence on every tuesday mickymouse was good in august dont know what it will be like in may though
      [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

Me and my mate used to go down every bank holiday for 5/6 yrs (say used to as i've moved away a bit now) and may time always seemed the best for some reason.
        The last few trips we fished the Moby dick pool, we used to thing mickey mouse was good til we tried this one Biggest carp out we had was 22.5lb which mate had on pole using macaroni cheese. Snake lake is good if you can get on it Hope you have a good week hopefully i can get back there soon as aint been for 12 months

Comment

good looking forward to it. what can you use macaroni cheese cuz they have got a lot of bait bans, no hemp,ground bait,pellet and so on all basic stuff up there.

Comment

Well we used it last time we went but in all honesty meat and corn usually suffices plenty of it too
            If your going for a week get it from a cash and carry if poss i'd take at least 20 tins of each

Comment

yeah fished it last august used loads of corn and meat i mashed up some corn cuped that in they loved that. chopped worm and caster go well there but no where to get caster up there?

Comment

you can get caster from the tackle shop onsite mate, email or call em before you go and you can arrange your bait for the week would've thought worm, caster etc......

Comment

they had worm onsite but no caster didn't know you could order them for the week thats good to know for when i go there in may

Comment

We got caster when we went email the shop they'll sort you out no doubt you could order some for on arrival then same for middle of week sorted dont take any catmeat tho cause i know that banned or it was anyways

Comment

ok steve thanks for that. at least i will have some caster now for the match that they hold on a tuesday for the residence

Comment

we went couple of years back for the week had great success on match lake fishing crust and dog mixer to the island pegs 4-12 and 25 -28. about 4.00 in afternoon fill it in in the margins and you will see fish come in with there fins out of water. you will bag up. great crack in pub at nite also and a great brekky. tight lines.

Comment

i will give it ago nice thing is they have a bar on site and a t,shop
                          looking foward to it should be good

Comment

as laffy said if you fish popped up bread against the island pegs 25 - 28 peg 30
                            pegs 5 -6 you will bag up fillit in down the side

Comment

will try that i have heard bread works good up there. not long now?

Comment

Working...
                              X