Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Winter Carp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Carp?

Alright lads, im just wondering do carp like deep water? becasue i was fishing on a lake today which was really shallow. Cought nothing! i then moved to the deepest peg on the lake. I then pulled out about 10 roach, 1 carp (5lb) this took some work, i think this was becasue they saw the other fish feeding. So i am just wondering if the carp enjoy the deeper water? i only cought one carp all day but still it was something! Help apreciated.

Gadz.

from what I remember , its a bit hit n miss with carp in winter. they re either there or not there, and if they are there they might not feed. I fished a match in winter once and whilst plumbing up i got a liner, so I put my pole down n went for a walk til the all in, came back, baited up with a pellet and as soon as it hit the deck it sailed away. This was the only bite of the match on the lake. If I had fed I dont think I would have got that fish, so, that is how the straight lead works, just keep chucking it about looking for the fish, be it deep or shallow water, they wont come to you

Comment

Carp tend to hover in the water. If you are in a deep water peg. It does not mean the fish are feeding on the bottom. They tend to find a layer of water where the water is slightly more appealing to them at that moment in time. This may be anything from a couple of inches deep to the dead depth. Always worth setting up a few rigs to cover every possibility.
      [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

And there speaks an expert

Comment

What about carp in the summer? they are just everwhere arnt they, can catch them really easy?

Comment

Gadz,

It works the same in the summer, The secret and my downfall on a lot of occasions is not finding the right depth that they are feeding at.
            [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
            X