Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

have a paste problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have a paste problem

i have fished a peg three times on paste and very time i have fished this peg i just get three to four carp out, the carp average between 6lb and 17to18lb and they are there. i can see them with there tails out of the water and going down on my feed, but they seem to bypass the paste or just give me liners. this is a island swim its only one and a half feet deep my set up is bulk shot under the float with no dropper shot so it acts natural so not to spook them. i am fishing died depth the feed is green swim stim micro pellet and the paste is betaine green swim stim all dynamite baits, the paste is soft i am fishing it on a hair rig with a size 16 hook. in this swim there is a good head of carp between 100lb and 140lb. oh i only feed one big pot of pellet at the start and maybe some paste very two or three put outs or pellets if i do not feed they will not come on to the feed or just start with the paste they will not be there or when the feed is gone. so i must keep the feeding the swim or they will move out. this happened last summer can any one help me

If I were you I'd try fishing over depth, even as much as a foot. Make your paste a bit stiffer and put on a piece about the size of golf ball. I don't hair rig mine. Don't strike at finiky bites, just wait for the line to go. Keep the line tight between the float and pole. Keep the feed going in, but fish on the edge of it as this will keep the liners down.

Comment

thank fred the problem is i have a foot to work in and i have tryed to fish on the edge of my feed but i do not get a bites also tryed golf balls size no bits but i will fish over depth may be 2 or 3 inc may work thanke mate....

Comment

Try making some halibut pellet paste. Take some pellets pour boiling water over them just to cover them and leav them to soak. I leave mine overnight.
        Then nead them into a paste. I use preston hooks, size 14 and just form the paste around the hook.

Comment

you know fred i will give that a go, see the peg i am fishing it hammered with pellets very day so i am trying some thing different it a lovely swim and they are wise thanks fred

Comment

you might be giving them to much feed so that they are not competing for it.Is tapping the water with your pole allowed on the venue?
            You might also try having your rig in place before you feed anything

Comment

Hi Fred,

If he uses hallibut pellet paste, what would you feed and how much ??
              Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
              ><((((?>
              .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

A tip from Neil Machin he does not use a big hook, maybe up to a 16 and uses a small piece of paste, his paste is a bit stiffer than the normal, the smaller hook ensures it pulls through the paste, which is made up from ground pellets.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

knowing my brother i know the swim he is talking about. we used to fish the paste on a waggler, makeing it stiffe as you like, but the trouble that we was getting was, cuz it was stiffe by the time you have struck and the hook pulled throught the paste the fish has gone,befor when it was a new thing you didn't need to strike they would just take it, now using it on a pole is a different thing all together (IMO) i think on a pole it has to be that soft that you can hardly get it to stay on the hook when shiping out.(not for me paste art even if you get it right you still wont beat me!!!!!!!!)
                  [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

the problem is Alfie i have try ed not feeding them at the start and they are not there, soon as you feed with in ten Min's they are there on the spot. i have cut back on the feed but they back off, i have fished this swim three times and there is some big lumps in this swim i have try ed everything. its not like there is 6 or 7 carp at a time, it is 1 or 2 in the swim at the same time feed move out in comes 2 more. they are not competing for the feed the carp are wise they like the paste they take the freebies just can get them to take the one with the hook thanks Alfie

Comment

hi Brian my hook is kamasan b911 16 wide gape or b911 18 kamasan, and yes i to use a smell piece of paste like Neil about the size of a pound coin but very soft maybe i to need to stiffen it up a bit maybe that's what it could be. i read all the mags they all say paste to be soft or like a soup, maybe whats is happening is that it is coming off hook or falling off the hook before it gets to the bottom. its only a foot and a half deep maybe thing oh it not deep it s not going to come off, but maybe that's what is happening i try and stiffen it up and give it a go in (may time) and i let you know Brian how i get on thanks for that Brian.....

Comment

hi little bro yes you are right we did fish paste on the waggler for some time, and yes it was stiffer as you know it had to be stiffer because we were casting out with a rod. but here as you know i am using a pole and like the mags say it has to be soft, or like a soup but i think Brian is right i have to make it stiffer but not as stiffer as we would use for waggler fishing. but you know me when it comes to paste i am good at make that stuff, and you know last year i study the art of paste the year before it was the art pellet and this year i am studying art of how to kick your little ass.......lol love you

Comment

Here's a tip I have found works well in shallow water, if using swimstim for your paste. Mix up some swim stim ground bait dryish, cup some in loose ie don't press into a ball. You may find they are getting pre occupied with the pellets. This method won't work in deep water but in a 1-2 foot deep it works a treat.
                          Paul Webster

[IMG]http://astwoodbankac.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/fishy.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.astwoodbankac.co.uk"]http://www.astwoodbankac.co.uk[/URL]

Comment

thanks webbo1 yes i have try ed that with swimstim the last time i fish it last year, i read a article that Alex bones did on use swimstim green as paste as well as feed. he said to feed like that as well in his article, but the ground bait to be more wet er or like a slop i try that just the same. i think the paste is coming off or breaking down were it is to soft before the carp are getting there think i will make it stiffer like Brian said thanks webbo1 for that....

Comment

If you are fishing up against an island and its only 1-2 ft deep you want your paste on the shallow side of your feed closest to the island so the carp are feeding uphill if you see what I mean - this should also help cut down on liners. Have you tried just feeding small balls of paste the same size as the one on the hook instead of putting pellet at them as this often scores well.
                              Simon Young
                              Admin
                              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
                              X