Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

fish o mainia qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fish o mainia qualifiers

Evening lads,

what are your veiws on how to approch these fish o matches?
    is it just a case of pracitice practice practice of go down to the venue and see what people are catching on and where?

if it is a case of practicing, when do you start? now or a couple of weeks before the match.

any fews on this subject will be most helpful.

by the way im on the barston and larford qualifers
    cheers guys !

With those 2 venues you had better practice the method for barston which will be the best bet and start firing gb like a looney at larford at your waggler and then fish the method at same range, not forgetting to ball it short and bring your method onto the pole line at the end. it is or bust, fish to your strengths and decide before hand what you intend to do and what you want to do. A bad draw will make qualification impossible and you may as well fish for a section

Comment

Barston should be won on the method feeder, if I was fishing it my only concern is that all 130 pegs are on the big lake thats a increase of 30% on the number of pegs, thats a lot of additional pressure which the water will not have seen before, which might just bring the pole into play, I dont think practicing will learn you much other than perhaps getting a few rigs fine tuned.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

i would of thought the pressure would push the fish further out brian?
        Matt Smith
        Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

they can only go to the middle, but it may stop the lumps from feeding and render the method useless, you can not put 30 more pegs on and expect it to fish exactly the same and you know that put every peg in anywhere and the weights will drop. It happen from time to time at Barston were the bigger carp switch off. I believe that the only pegs that will benifit are those that are on the island unless they all go down to that nice manicured island with the flag in the middle of it ,and feed on 50mill white boilies
          Last edited by Brian G; 28 February 2007, 12:07 AM.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Does any one know what the main winning methods will be at the time of the fisho's for Barford, Eye Kettlby, Woodlands lakes and Lindholme.

Cheers
            Steve Davies

Comment

Every one of the Fisho venues I went to last year had problems with pressure of extra anglers - just try and think of any venue that gets 130 anglers on it regularly ... first off you are going to need to draw one of the best pegs or forget it as there will be too many good anglers there on the day, as for practice this is essential really but you are going to need to get confident catching big weights - most importantly you need to pick a method and stick with it - it is or bust as there is no point in coming second!!

If you are going to practice the venues leave it to the couple of weeks before so that you can see how its fishing in those weather conditions and which methods are working, also you are better off fishing in matches running up to the big match as pleasure fishing venues for matches gives a very false impression! If your fishing a practice match and nothing seems to be working you are MUCH better off getting off your box and going and sitting behind those that are catching and having a friendly chat and watching very closely.
              Simon Young
              Admin
              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Steve -

Barford - Method feeder
                Eye Kettlby - Up in the water pellet
                Woodlands - Up in the water meat and pellet
                Lindholme - Up in the water pellet

Bit of a theme going on there...
                Simon Young
                Admin

Comment

Cheers, oneabung have you fished eye kettleby befor has it doesn't seem to run opens normaly. I have given them a bell and they said they will be running some prior to the qaulifier.
                  Steve Davies

Comment

Method feeder is banned at Barford! Think you were thinking of Barston simon. Barford will probably be won on pole shallow or pellet waggler.
                    Steve Ringer
                    Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

what do you reckon then to the advice given steve ?

fish practice matches in the weeks before or just go to the venue and watch carefully ???

Comment

Steve, PM me with the secret bait !!!

Comment

Steve, I bow to your correction and my dyslexia!
                          Simon Young
                          Admin

Comment

just had a few days at Eye kettleby the accommodation is second to none hot tubs are magic ...i picked the windiest week it blew like a gale for 4 days there are 8 pools i believe the biggest is a 50 pegger and also believe its gonna be on 4 0r 5 lakes...the guy who owns it says he is talking with someone this week about opens so still not sure about that its really a young fishery open to the wind there is a real class restaurant there that does breakfasts and will be open on the day... i also went into the local tackle shop. also a classy place mainly carp and pike but enough match stuff to get you through bait not a problem....also the guy who owns it and the staff are incredible friendly i was made tea..just cus i smiled nicely also very informative they used to run a the tackle room at eye kettleby i am sure a call to this shop would give more info nearer the time.it will be a different baby when you guys get there so my results are not important but i did catch on all 3 days i fished....eye kettlebye is easy to find signposted clearly......and the tackle shop is in the town thats easy to locate to.....Melton Carp & pike Angling Center Welcome to Melton Carp and Pike Angling Centre
                            phone...01664560800

i have some pics if any one wants them ( i wont send the ones of me in the hot tub )so stay calm ohh before i forget
                            Eye Kettleby Lakes - Home
                            Telephone: 01664 565900 or EMail: [email protected]

i will be back up there so will see whats happening and how
                            In darkness we do what we can
                            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

must be nice to get a ticket let alone more than one

Comment

Working...
                              X