Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

is he a cheating ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is he a cheating ?

i was in a pub in birmingham the other day and got talking to a man about fishing. he said he was having a lot of success in his club and some open matches by using his "secret method". this "method" was basically using a seafishing style rig involving a boom so he could use two hooks with different baits at the same time. i only fish my club matches and its the same lads every week and i have never seen or heard of this method before. is it legal? is it ethical? is it common? i would never really consider doing it myself. what do you all think?
    Last edited by Dave; 2 March 2007, 03:43 PM.
    i try hard, but sometimes.......

In some parts of the north they use a two hook rig but its not really common.dont sound ethical to me and probably not very sporting.some "anglers" will i am afraid,do anything to win.name and shame i say.

Comment

I thought using 2 hooks was not allowed in any matches, it cetainly 'aint allowed in any of ours.

Comment

NFA and international match rules preclude the use of 2 hooks!
        John - Kingfisher
        Talk Angling Senior Member
        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

In the north west i think its in the bylaws that they can use 2 hooks but it is down to the match organiser wether its allowed in matches. I think its mainly used on river matches.
          Steve Davies

Comment

I couldnt believe it when a mate of mine from Manchester went into detail about his two hook rigs and putting different baits on each hook and then saying that sometimes he even catches two fish on one chuck! Try explaining that one having to have two scoops with the landing net!

Definately cheating if you ask me!
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Steve,
              A two hook paternoster rig ( no boom ) is a common practice on certain stillwaters such as Carr Mill Dam & Loch Ken & maybe also on the river Weaver but it isn't really a widely used method. As you said most match organisers do not allow it here in the North West.
              [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

it's used less and less as time goes on,but growing up I always had 2 hooks in matches.Don't see it much now but as Paul said the Weaver,Carr Mill,Coombs,Elton,Rudyard all those places 20 yrs ago almost everyone fished a 2 hook paternoster

Comment

yes he is.

Comment

this is cheating, obviously can't succeed in the traditional way. He ought to be banned from the matches
                    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Tracey[/COLOR]:D
                    [I]fishing is for life
                    not just for a few weeks
                    [B][COLOR="Blue"]DSBLJ[/COLOR][/B][/I]

Comment

I once used 6 hooks on one line, but i was Mackeral fishing off the coast of Tenby.

Comment

i didnt need 2 hooks lol i hooked 1 in mouth and somehow the line got wrapped around the fish lol wasnt in match though

Comment

2 carp i fort it was like 8ib but turned out to be 2 2ib fish

Comment

may be your rod license states the rules about 2 hooks.......actually i just looked at my license it dont say much about anything in the olden days when i was a lad i had to have a seven license a Trent an Ouse a Wye and they only cost about 5 bob each...ok you got me reminiscing again i had an Edgar sealy octopus split cane rod and I'm sure it was an intrepid deluxe reel...and used to go to William Powell's in Carr's lane Brum (he is still there )to get size 24 hooks for the canal.....ok shut up you old fool you are waffling on.....
                            In darkness we do what we can
                            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I only had the Intrepid standard.It took a while to save up for that on my 2/6d pocket money.
                              John - Kingfisher
                              Talk Angling Senior Member
                              Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Working...
                              X