Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ireland

i know its a long way off yet, but i am going to ireland in september, staying in belturbet as usual. i have been there loads of times before and usually fish the same venues (killykeen forest park/crom/derryvonny etc). obviously i enjoy the social side too, visiting phil in the cosy for a few and the ducking stool also. in the pubs talking to other anglers, they often talk about the venues they fish, but heres my problem. they tell me the names of places i have never heard of before and sections of waters that i know where the lakes are but not the section of bank. it seems that some venues are called more than one name, and people call certain places that i know as one name but they call it another. is it the black stuff that is affecting me, or do any of you lads have similar problems? i have a copy of the old blue and white map which has been around for over 25 years now. does anyone have a more detailed map that has more information on it? for example. is killykeen forest park the same place as eonish?
    i try hard, but sometimes.......

Between Killeshandra and Killykeen Forest park is Lake Eonish.It is part of upper Lough Oughter, which is where you've probably been fishing in the Park.
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

killykeen is the forest park section(chalets) & is on the opposite side of the river/lake system to the town.If you stood on the footbridge over the incoming river at the right of Killykeen & looked into the next lake,then eonish
      is roughly the opposite bank upto the left.i think!

Comment

Working...
      X