Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

floats for f1s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floats for f1s

cant settle on a float im happy with for these finicky s whats eveyones recommendations or do you no what your local expert uses we no giles uses his map 14s whith his (h.i.t.l)i think steve said he uses kc belter what about pete rice or carl jones etc all info welcome

carl jones uses the maver pellet as know as 'jonas' in the winter map 7's in the summer, pete rice uses the gerry woodcocks!, i will be going onto the woodcocks as of this weekend, i have alwayed used chiantis but after a few sessions they start to take on water and can be a pain to dot down! the gerrys are very similar to chiantis but are better made, only problem is they only go upto 4x12
    Matt Smith
    Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

also a lot at manor farm fish the durafloats the slim red ones with a plastic bristle
      Matt Smith
      Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

been using chiantis myself but not happy with finish excellent shape though the paint on the tips crumbles away after a while will have a look at the duras think the red are dura 7s is the maver pellet ICE that carl uses or is it reAlly named jonas

Comment

yes know what you mean about the chianits, they last 2 sessions if your lucky, i was speaking to rob lawerance and he has just designed some cane topped pellet floats for mosella and says they are spot on, so i will be hanging on to see what these are like!

the dc12 are almost an identical shape to chianits with the same size cane top, they are just a little shorter, i have recently brought some of these but yet to try them out, look better made than the chiantis

about the maver they are the black ice 'pellet 1' a slightly finer tip than the 'pellet 2' im not sure about the jona name but thats what they are marked up as in the tackle shop by me
          Matt Smith
          Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

these are the maver ones
            Matt Smith
            Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

cheers matt do you no what ricey uses on his deeper rigs,as you said the only go up to a 4x12, just had a look on the maver site they have some new floats for f1s the f1 finesse looks good

Comment

i dont actually, saying that i was pegged next to pete on sunday at tunnel and im certain he fished one of the gerrys down the track even in that wind! god knows how it held, i fished a kc carpa speed with a wire stem, and they are spot on in the wind, but dont seem the right shape when lifting and dropping in calm conditions as they seem to take a second or two to register the bulk, it might be just me, not used to the wire stem cocking the float
                Matt Smith
                Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

Thr F1 finesse looks just like the Kc carpa canal to me!
                  MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

how did you get on matt did you get neckache being next to ricey, whats the methods down there at the moment, got a few matches coming up on new pool end of the month might go to one of the opens beforehand

Comment

he did me by 12lb, he admitted i was giving him a good run for the first hour then i got lazy due to the winds and how cold i was, by not changing swims ect, but got my act together and caught toward the end, ended up 5th, behind pete's 56lb,53lb,51lb,45lb

oh and back on to the subject of floats i was 4th at manor farm today with 104lb, using a carpa speed, fantastic float wire steam very sensative, and a 4x14 held perfect in that stong wind,
                      Matt Smith
                      Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

Working...
                      X