Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line

As anyone used the Browning "Capit,an" line if you have whats your opinion been given a sample to try is it any good.

Sorry lads its called Cenit,an, its old age happens to all off us in the end

Comment

Nuddy uses it so it must be good or is it promotional. LOl
      Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
      ><((((?>
      .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

I've been using it for approx 12 months, I have to say bloody good stuff. I'm not just saying that because my teams sponsored by browning , if it was not any good we would not use it!! What diameter have you got. I've used all between 0.10 to 0.16mm.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorse
          I've been using it for approx 12 months, I have to say bloody good stuff. I'm not just saying that because my teams sponsored by browning , if it was not any good we would not use it!! What diameter have you got. I've used all between 0.10 to 0.16mm.

lol !!!!
          [IMG]http://koszog.rx8.eu/_horg/garbolino_350.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

The spool I have is 0.165 equal to 6.5lb/2.90 Kg.

Comment

Personally i prefer WB clarke team match (silstar) and its not because i'm sponsored by them. i find that using the WB Clarke line in conjuction with Van Den Eynde groundbait gives me a distinct advantage and its not because i'm sponsored by them...lol

Comment

Doh!! walked into that one!! anyhow, still stand by it, excellent line, used to use wb clarke but quality probs, ie lumps and bumps, bad spooling and wrong diameters, ie a reel of 0.10 was actually 0.14??? Haven't had any probs with the browning stuff, strong, subtle and reliable, if people would only tried it out they would find this out for themselves.

Comment

About 9 years ago i had the exact same findings with silstar and never used it since. Since then though i've never heard of anyone else complain about it till now. Used the old cenitan and the 'new' and seems ok but never had a micrometer to measure it. Still prefer ultima lines or colmic mimetix/sarfix DNA for hooklengths.
                  MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Rattler - thats if you can find Sarfix DNA anywhere in the UK now!!
                    Simon Young
                    Admin
                    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Know what you mean simon, discovered two spools of 0.12 in the tackle box at knottingley by accident (the last two spools I might add!)
                      MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

i use shimano silkshot and steve ringer uses it so it cant be to bad lol

Comment

another one for shimano silkshock. top stuff

Comment

was looking at the silkshot, the diameter/strength ratio looks very good as does the price.
                            How accurate do you reckon the stated strengths are?
                            you don't stop playing because you're too old
                            you're too old because you stopped playing

Comment

hi ridgeacre yes i have been useing cenit'an" and it is very good stuff, the spool i have is 0.165mm. 6.50lb-2.90kg and i use it for waggler fishing on my float rod in the summer for big carp. but on my pole i use 0.13mm 2.136kg (4lb12oz) preston powerline and for me that's the dog's!!!!!. on that line i have had carp from 10lbs to 21lbs with no problum's of snaping me up. ( i all ways say the line is only as good as the person who is useing it lol.!!!!!!! )

Comment

Working...
                              X