Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

dufils floats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dufils floats

does anybody know where these can be got?.is there a french online shop
    where the different models can be seen?,or can they be contacted direct?
    thanks

Are you sure they still make them?

Comment

try this.

Skyblog de flotteursdufils : Flotteurs de competition DUFILS

hope you can speak Froggy tongue.

Comment

nice one Woodhouse,they sure look the biz,do they sell them from that site?.
        ive e-mailed them-well i think i have!,god knows what i've signed up for....

Comment

I have used the worm and joker floats one of the best i have used,first class build quality,ultra sensative as well.
          Nathans of derby have a few in now and then,give them a ring they may help.
          Roll on friday

Comment

About 5 years ago there was nothing to compete with then,only down side was shotting them was a nightmare but once right they stayed that way because they never took on water.

Now i prefer Preston PB 14's.

Comment

ahhh,what memories those floats bring back.

Comment

Back in the 80's,sensas erics first came out & i think i'm right in saying they were something like £5 each,hand made & as rare as rocking horse poo!.i couldnt afford them anyway,so i had a go at making some copies out of dried
                out elder pith,wire straight through,no eye-top rubber,well sealed ect.I made them on an electric drill,using an upturned kitchen seive as a tailstock.all a bit
                Heath-robinson,each one was an individual,but boy were they good bworm floats,you could shot them so 1mm was showing & they'de stay like that all day.Now,using shop bought ones including sensas,tubertini,preston,triana,trubucco ect,i seem to be bitting shot off,using vaseline,ripping styls off during the match & i only use bworm occasionally now,so i'm talking normal plastic/fibre tips.Thats whats led me to search for dufils or similar.Anybody else finding similar problems?.i might
                have a go at making some again to be honest.i think even alan Scotthorne
                makes some of his own.Wheres that drill??????

Comment

Originally posted by moorzy
                  ahhh,what memories those floats bring back.

Mohmar....1957.

Comment

Might be worth bringing some back with the Fags & Bacca

Comment

Got an e-mail back from them,cost is e1.70 per float,which i think isnt bad
                      considering the quality of them.feel an order coming on!

Comment

e1.70 that brilliant value, weres the credit card

Comment

All dufils floats are made from foam so if the dimensions/wires are consistent then accuracy from float to float should be pretty consistent too. Sometimes you can get 2 floats that look identical but take different amounts of shot due to varying density in some batches of balsa.
                          MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Originally posted by trout mask replica
                            ,i seem to be bitting shot off,using vaseline,ripping styls off during the match & i only use bworm occasionally now,so i'm talking normal plastic/fibre tips.Thats whats led me to search for dufils or similar.Anybody else finding similar problems?.
                            Rings a bell........as I fished the 'sunken float technique' (well 'neutral boyancy' I call it as it sounds more convincing) on Sat
                            Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Feel another 50 sovs of GRAMMAGE DES SAÔNES in .2s and .3s coming on............
                              Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Working...
                              X