Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

More roach at evsham!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More roach at evsham!!

I told u so!!
    As per my last thread, when I said that they should be more roach stating to show, take a look at the latest results from the qualifier on saturder 25 /7/09:
    1st SteveAshmore 20lb odd - 7lb perch on 5m whip & 13 lb roach on hemp,
    2nd Steve Pierrpont 10lb+ - roach on hemp
    3rd Adrian Narbeth 9-14 ditto
    5th Steve Townsend 9010 ditto
    6 Tim Kaye 8-10 ditto
    loads of 5 & 6 lbs downs the line
    proves 2 things:
    1). It helps to be called steve
    2). Loads of roach in there, they just take their time 2 come on & they are the cleverist roach in the country !!
    Hopefully there shoud be some good matches now from now till the August Bank hol.

7lb perch!!!!!!???? thats a monster, whats the british record?
    <>< West Midlands angler <><

Comment

which pegs Trev? was it by the culvert or low numbers?
      HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

i think he means a 7lb net of perch.
        Last edited by james82; 26 July 2009, 10:53 PM.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

it was the 13lb roach that was more impressive!!
          peg 1 won it, peg 5 was 2nd, 65 was 3rd, 35 came 4th & 51 was 5th.
          Sunday was crap again, but the temp & conbditions had deteriorated considerably

Comment

what did you have chalky
            I want an end peg

Comment

I won sect of peg 54 with 7lb 4oz, 3 eels & 2 perch on choppy long, then 21 roach on seed- ballesed up really, only went on seed for last 2 hrs, peg was worth 9lb+ if I'd done it an hour or so earlier.
              Best bit of the day was taking out Dave 'I've left my hemp in the car' Harrell off the next peg!!

Comment

what a nice feeling that must of been
                I want an end peg

Comment

running water o happy days

Comment

Hi there anybody know if the roach fed today on the avon at Evesham or were conditions making the bream or barbell have a go,the river was up during the week

Comment

Originally posted by Avonman View Post
                      It helps to be called steve
                      Time for me to go up and fish another qualifier! lol
                      The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                      Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                      Check out:
                      www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                      log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by bread head View Post
                        Hi there anybody know if the roach fed today on the avon at Evesham or were conditions making the bream or barbell have a go,the river was up during the week
                        It was still up 4ins on sat with a heavy colour which knocked the roach fishing on the head, so it was 'business as usual ' with lumps dominating - Peg 1 one with 16lb of bream & skimmers, peg 60 had 2 bream & a tench plus 100 odd bleak for 15lb and muggins was 3rd off peg 5 with 13lb - a 6lb barbel, 5 chub an eel a roach a perch and a dace on the feeder, really frustrating, knew I was up against qualifying with peg 1 in my section, but the eels turned up with an hour to go, had one & missed missed 7 decent eel bites (proper drop backs!), at a pound apiece you can see why I was a bit miffed!
                        Any suggestions anyone?!

Oh, on sunday peg 5 one it with 15lb, but he had a proper barbel 10lb & a big slab, I can't catch them!
                        I just went down to watch the last hour, & hightlight was watching John Curtis land a 13 1/2lb barbel on o.14 bottom, took him all down the river, snagged him several times the lot, still got it in after about 20 mins brilliant performance.
                        River clearing lovely now, watch out for wednesdays match, could be a roach bonanza- book in with th. ferry on 01386 442458m draw 13:30 at the ferry, fish 15:00-20:00.

Comment

Working...
                        X