Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Can I stand up to fish match.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I stand up to fish match.

I fished a match on Sunday and i stood up at my peg most of the day so that i could see and fish over a clump of reeds, i never left my peg at all.The guy who runs our club said that you are not aloud to stand up and fish and that i was breaking the rules. I am not up on the rules but i can't understand what i did wrong.

iv done it afew times aslong as your on peg carnt see any wrong

Comment

If it is not in the rule book then you are not breaking the rules.
      He sounds like an odd-un to me. One of these guys who make the rules up as they go along.
      If you fished a match on the thames at medley or the trent years ago everyone stood up.
      I'm 99.9% certain there is nothing in N.F.A. match model rules which says you have to sit down.
      If I was in your situation I would challenge him. Politely of course. There can be no proper reason for such a rule to exist.

Comment

N.F.A rules allow you to stand in fact it allows you to wade upto one mt from your peg each side to get a safe and comfy fishing position and you can wade so long as you can turn round and touch the bank with a out stretched arm
        A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

My guess is you must of done well or even won.

Comment

Came second with 60odd pound ,lost by six ounce,must say it was on a commercial carp fishery.[Hallcroft at Worksop]

Comment

They carnt stop you mate nothing in the rules says you have to sit.
              Must be another jobsworth bloke.
              We had a bloke in our club did it all the time even fishing with pole
              Last edited by ridgeacre; 27 July 2009, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Does he work for a seatbox manufacturerer ?
                Whitnash Royals A.C.

Comment

guy who runs your club wants to learn how to fish */#**#/*#//*#**/ moaning because you got in the money tut tut.bet no one came and stated this during the match only after (if you hadnt framed it wouldnt have been a problem)
                  Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

find a more friendley club and tell him to ""go""away mate

Comment

If it is a disabled club,i think you have been rumbled.

Comment

why dont you lay down and fish mick and when you get a fish start a mexican wave

Comment

Standing when fishing

I saw a man standing on sunday at peatling pava fishing the pole to an empty peg nobody was complaining there

Comment

I have fished a few matches an always stand and use a rod because I have problems with my back an cannot sit for long so cannot use a pole. Never been a problem - though with 25 other guys pole fishing and me standing there with a rod I do get a few comm
                            ents ..... never won anything .....
                            sigpic

Comment

Cheating Fecker

Comment

Working...
                              X