Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

line clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• line clip

Well its got to that time of the year that the missus wants me to take her fishing, the problem i have is that she cant seem to keep it in the same place so i was thinking of clipping the line, as she likes to fish with a bait runner. my worry is if she gets a good take that the line will snap as its around the clip and you know what its like when a carp takes off, any advice on this would be a great help.
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Some people use a elastic band over the line at a set place, then if a bigger fish starts a run, simply pull off the band.

Comment

not in to this bait runner stuff, i always use pole,feederor waggler.so how do you exactly attach the band dave or am i just being thick?
      [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

hi little bro when you have cast out into the spot you are going fish just over cast it,then you put the band around the line on the spool. then give it three or four trun's of the reel. that work's only if you are in open water, if you are fishing a margin then cast out and put the band on around the spool and do not reel back. just leve it then next time you cast out you will not over shoot the margin, when the carp start's to run you pall the band off the spool. if you have not got that then i will show you when we go out next time. i think thats what ashfield dave is telling you to do. (and yes you are thick lol )

Comment

yeah thats ok but if you take the band off then you will lose your spot, and that is a pain if i have to keep getting up to sort her out to get it back in the same spot again there must be something i can do to help her out (and me lol)

Comment

yes bro thats easy you just use some tipx and mark the line after it hits the bottom or when you reel back a bit, befor you put the band on it that way you know when you get to the spot you are fishing (yes" you are still "thick")

Comment

cant see tipx working the water will wash it off (yeah no change there still thick lol)

Comment

then use a back marker just the same...?

Comment

ok keep your hair on,you sure thats the best way

Comment

Working...
                  X