Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pellet Waggler..Type of feed pellets !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellet Waggler..Type of feed pellets !!

Ay up then ..I have asked about this same subject on another infamous forum,but I still don't think my request was answered !!..What I would like to know is..what type of pellet to best use when feeding for this method,bearing in mind that my club does not allow floating baits,my other concern is that in a recent article in AT, it seemed that your average 6mm pellet was one of the quickest baits to sink ...I assume that the pellets that I feed need to at least slow down in order to attract the carp and my hookbait to also do likewise !!am I right or have I missed the plot about this method..any advise would be welcome...thanks.

Where do you live?
    I think there is a big difference down south compared to up north with this method,it works better down south probably because of the climate and water temperature.
    They use mostly 8mm and 11mm coarse pellets down south and probably better off with 6mm and 8mm up north.
    Some methods just work better in different places and for sure this works better in warmer water.
    The pellets you want are coarse sinking pellets

Comment

Re. not allowing floating pellets. Anything will sink after being pellet pumped.
      John - Kingfisher
      Talk Angling Senior Member
      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

on a waggler i would use a coarse pellet,feeding 6mm and 6mm banded on the hook, to stop them floating i just put the in a bucket fill it with water let them soak for a bit,drain the water off and off i go , think by pumping them you get them to soft for the catapult?
        [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

8mm course feed pellets with 8mm banded pellet on hook

Comment

depending how far you want to get out with your pellet whether you use 6mm or 8mm i think, i want them to come to me not me go to them(lol)
            [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

i think that it's not how big the pellet is it the way you feed it, i can start with just 10 pellets and as the fish start homing in on the noise of the pellets hitting the water, then i will up the feed but not a lot. i have had very big fish on 4mm pellets as you can see in my photo that fell to 4mm pellet 6inc deep, and on that day i had a lot more. sometimes big pellets can spook fish out of the swim, if that happens give it a gap between feeding so that they come back in.as my bro said you have not got to go far out, you want them to come to you be it pole or rod i have had fish at 6m's out.... oh i use course pellets, from 6m down to 4m and even 3m this what i use for shallow fishing not for bottom fishing use soft for that.......

Comment

Hi,

If you don,t have access to the coarse pellets, what other pellets would good?

Cheers
                Brendan
                [URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/match_fishing_talk_angling_chat.html?nojs=1#goto_forumsearch"]A Brilliant little function[/URL]

Comment

internet coarse pellets
                  [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Dick View Post
                    internet coarse pellets
                    Unfortunately im in Ireland, shipping costs would be through the roof.
                    [URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/match_fishing_talk_angling_chat.html?nojs=1#goto_forumsearch"]A Brilliant little function[/URL]

Comment

if you buy in bulk surely shippings free?
                      [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

just use normal course pellet. avoid using trout/hallibut pellets for feed

Comment

iv had very good success on black amino swimstim pellets in the 6mm range.
                          also having them on a band for the hook.

Comment

Try an animal feed supplies place as they may well sell them ask them for skretting pellets as i think they supply but maybe only the north

Comment

Working...
                            X