Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hob hole bream oh yes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hob hole bream oh yes

fished a pleasure session on the hob hole on wednesday and had 67lb 13oz of bronze beauties it is solid with them at the mo a match fished on the sunday was won with 44lb and my mate and his son have both had over 25lb apiece toady

im up in lincolne for 4 weeks last time i was there we saw some anglers fishing with a golf course behind them just as you come into boston what is it like there? is that hobhole as there was 7 anglers fishing and it wasnt a match????????????????

Comment

no mate that is the west fen basin there are some huge bream in there but they rarely get caught you've either got to sit all night for them or go about 3 in the morning and fish the wag and caster

Comment

I fancy some of them very early mornings Brian.. you will have to showme where it is pal.

Ian
        Effort = Reward.

Comment

no probs fella when you get down here i'll take you round the area and show you the drains

Comment

Well done Brian.

Thats really great to hear, How did you catch them on feeder and worm? was they right accross or in the centrall channel? I fish the river Witham at Tatersall once a fortnight, its fished very well from the start of the season with some bream bags of over 100 pounds and fish to 6lb thats only pleasure the matches on saturdays are very hard.
            The weed has been the biggest problem and getting fish over it
            Would be very interested in any info you know about fishing in the drains or indeed Lincolnshire has a whole.Please send pm anytime.

Comment

hi kenh caught on double caster fished on the tip about a foot off the far bank fished at ing's bridge .have you been fishing the saturday opens on the witham through the winter was thinking of giving them ago myself after the winter league has finished.what time is the draw for these matches and where do they draw i read in the match reports that they had some good nets of bream and skimmers towards the end of the series this would suit my style of fishing do you know which pegs the bream where caught on.pm me if you need any info the local drains round boston im sure i could help you out .

Comment

Working...
              X