Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

margin fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• margin fishing

hello all,
    when i am margin fishing i am having trouble getting them to take my hook bait, i have no problem in attracting them , sometimes its a mad feeding frenzie but i can't seem to get them to take the hook bait. don't get me wrong i do catch them but not every cast.
    any advice or tips would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Maybe you are putting too much in at a time. How much are you feeding and at what rate?
    Sometimes a little and often approach is best.
    Tell us about your day and how it fished.

Neilio.
    The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

margin fishing

well have not been able to get out for a while, but i do tend to put in 10-20 grains of corn in every minute or so. i think that if i don't keep it going in they will off.?
      i do have good days but the amount of fish there sometimes i think i should be getting more.

Comment

Are you cupping it in or by hand ?
        I have seen a lot of good anglers fish using a tosspot/kinder type feeding pellet,hemp or corn every put in.
        Not too much going in at a time, but keeping the fish there rooting around. Like a lot of others I have changed from cupping in potfulls/handfulls of bait, fishing it out and changed to tosspots and have found the bite ratio has increased significantly.

Neilio.
        The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

margin fishing

i have been just putting it by hand, though i know the type you mean so maybe i give that a go next time. thanks for your help and advice.
          cheers.

Comment

Try feeding 20 every 5 min's or every carp or 2 small fish,which ever is sooner,also you will catch more fish just off bottom down the edge at time's as the bait is wafting around more.
            Last edited by FORDY-1; 2 August 2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

try potting in a smaller amount of bait.what i do is i mark on my pole,exactly where i hold the pole when cupping in.then ,i know exactly wher i am,and can line up with a bankside feature.try feeding some 3 or 4 mm pellets,and a few grains of corn.then fish a piece of meat or paste over the top.give it a go.it should work.
              talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

margin fishing

many thanks guys, loads of advice for me to try on my next day out. hopefully will stop me pulling my hair out , not that i got any .
                cheers lads

Comment

i would try a diffrent hook bait
                  like paste or pellet if u havnt already
                  and also feed a tiny bit off wat ever u have been feeding in a toss pot with your paste/pellet
                  should work well it does for me
                  Make The Most Off Your Peg ;)

Comment

Originally posted by FORDY 1 View Post
                    Try feeding 20 every 5 min's or every carp or 2 small fish,which ever is sooner,also you will catch more fish just off bottom down the edge at time's as the bait is wafting around more.
                    Yeah i agree !...i felt that 10-20 grains of corn every minute was to much ...also try putting a smaller grain of corn on the hook as i feel these hook alot better and they are easier to fit into the fishes mouth.
                    [CENTER][B][U]Fishing is a lifestyle, not a hobby !![/U][/B][/CENTER]
                    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
                    [CENTER]:)[/CENTER]

Comment

you are feeding 2 much feed 20 grains of corn after every fish with your cupping kit if you havnt had a fish after 20mins feed again as for hook bait 2 grains of corn or just the skin of 1

Comment

when im margin fishing i dont cup in larger amounts of big baits such as corn and meat, i prefer to just cup in a kinda cup full of 2mm - 4mm pellets, and fish over with paste , meat or hooker pellet, i have alot of success doing this, its more or less a bite and put in especially on paste, if the bites die off just feed a lil bit more, you can always put more bait in, but you cant take it back out .
                        <>< West Midlands angler <><

Comment

try a big piece of punched bread that will fool the suckers
                          nige cooke

Comment

I would say depth is a big factor here, try fishing dead depth, or a fraction off the deck, just an inch or two on the bottom can result in the fish sucking the bait in and rejecting it before you even see a bite, Carp can be very clever when they want to be and you have to out wit them.

With the feeding try to get them competing rather than just coming in an mopping up at there leisure, once competing they seem to forget about things like hooks, once you have them in front of you cut back to 3 or 4 grains make them fight for it, you will also notice bites will be more positive and you will get more elastic rippers.

JC
                            [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

margin fishing

thanks again for the advice guys,i will give all of these a go next time i am out.

Comment

Working...
                              X