Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

getting braid to sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting braid to sink

i'm struggling with some braid i bought,the braid was described as sinking but it floats making bite detection a nightmare.i'm told the only way to get it to sink is to keep using it,the older the better.is there anyother way of sinking braid

have you tried soaking it in washing up liquid to de-grease it

Comment

no mate,i know that works with mono didn't know braid required degreasing,will give it a try thanks

Comment

Here is your solution (but don't go letting too many people know its a secret) ....

Get yourself some lead putty.... then just pull the braid through it and then reel it back onto the spool... job done, it will now sink!
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
          Here is your solution (but don't go letting too many people know its a secret) ....

Get yourself some lead putty.... then just pull the braid through it and then reel it back onto the spool... job done, it will now sink!
          thanks for shareing that m8,had a nightmare with braid last year in ireland,wanted to try and get it sorted for this year,thanks again off for some putty

Comment

Working...
          X