Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

6m whip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6m whip

can anybody suggest a good lightweight 6m whip?.i want it for catching
    1oz roach & smaller up in the water on canals.I'm planning on using 07/08
    straight through with little bleak floats.most of the current whips on the
    market,seem to be designed with commercials in mind,maybe some of the older models are what im after,with a very fine flicktip.i know Fishermans friend usually advertise these old type whips & at discount prices,any ideas?

Still plenty of manufacturers doing whips - Daiwa, Maver, Preston, Garbolino.

Daiwa and Maver both promote their part telescopic (2/3m) and part take-apart models - named Tournament and Abyss respectively. The Daiwa really is the dogs bits but expect to pay a pretty penny for it. Was impressed by the Maver and heard good reports but was not looking to buy a 7+m whip. The Garbolino Allegria has had excellent reports but I have not physically seen one as yet.

Preston have the Aerotex whips (bought some last year and very impressed) while Garbolino have always produced good whips (still my Vectra Vipers after 15+ years!) - the Libertine and Colibri of the current models being excellent.

So there you go - my rambling thoughts! Part telescopic/take-apart really only three to choose from. Fishing to hand then the choice really does open up.

Comment

Originally posted by trout mask replica
      .i know Fishermans friend usually advertise these old type whips & at discount prices,any ideas?
      TMR -it would probably be worth giving Tony of FF a bell to see what he's still got stashed away in that Alladins Cave of his......you might just turn up trumps.

I've got a couple myself - 6 mtr teletop3 garbolino and also a 7mtr Shimano Diaflash which I picked up for a song a few years back - bostin whip, never ever seen another one on the bank.
      The old WTP connosoir was a class model too
      Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

hi getinback.I'm not really after a part take apart/part tele,just a 6m tele.the
        part take/part tele are just a little too stiff for what i want.Its to cast 4x12
        floats on 07 line for plips.i have some Triana bleak whips at 4.5m,they are ideal,but i just want the extra length.Any ideas.
        hi tk BDM.that might be a good call-to FF.
        i think browning did some about 10 years ago now,reflex?,before the vogue
        of 3mtele/3mta took over & in fairness they are better than all tele in most
        applications.

Comment

browning

i once had a 6 meter speedstick by browning up until my tackle was robbed, along with a 3.5m same model. they are fantastic whips. if you find some at a good price, snap em up mate. if you do see plenty, let me know.
          i try hard, but sometimes.......

Comment

As already mentioned its probably best to give Fishermans Friend a ring. If a tackle company has ever made anything, they'll have one somewhere!

And in my experience they'll give you a good price, then sell you some more stuff you dont NEED as such, but it's oh so nice.... lol
            [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

hi dave,i think i will contact FF this weekend & yes i fully expect to
              come away with a load of other stuff i dont need.
              like the pic,had you just been with a mucky woman?
              lol

Comment

This is my sophisticated managerial pose. It's quite similar to my drunken feigning sobriety pose and my 'I really like your bum' Pose

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Well if thats your sophisticated managerial pose,i dont want to see your

"i've just been with a mucky woman-sniff this" pose

ha ha!

Comment

Did you get sorted with a whip TMR?
                    Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

no!.its been put on my things to do/get list,along with many other things!.
                      the plan was to win some dosh to finance the purchase,but an endless run
                      of pure drawbag muck over the last couple of months,has seen my rod bag
                      bereft of 6m whips.The last time i had a bad run like this i foolishly declined
                      to shave untill i won a match-NEVER AGAIN,i ended up looking like ZZ Top!

Comment

Hi, do you still have the diaflash whip???
                        i tried to find one but very hard.
                        want to sell yours?
                        kind regards
                        Mick

Comment

Originally posted by trout mask replica View Post
                          can anybody suggest a good lightweight 6m whip?.i want it for catching
                          1oz roach & smaller up in the water on canals.I'm planning on using 07/08
                          straight through with little bleak floats.most of the current whips on the
                          market,seem to be designed with commercials in mind,maybe some of the older models are what im after,with a very fine flicktip.i know Fishermans friend usually advertise these old type whips & at discount prices,any ideas?
                          Lerc Aerotex whip ive got 8 best you will get look
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by kkingfishers; 19 March 2010, 10:26 PM.
                          [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                          X