Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

angling trust going bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angling trust going bust

heard a rumour at the div one national yesterday that the angling trust is going bust.. anyone else heard anything ? .... well done shakespeare

did anyone else think it was a joke for organisation?
    no stewards in sight at draw
    no stewards on my section directing people into sections
    bar was tiny with all that space y not have another bar set up in the main areana
    still enjoyed it tho
    well done shakespere

Comment

i know its easy to moan and it is a thankless task to run any match , but we all paid £20 to fish excluding pools.. the biggest dissapointment was the time it took to produce the results . felt sorry for some teams who had a long drive home . it was nearly 7 o'clock .. the organizer did say why it was but didnt understand what he meant .. the bar was TINY!!

Comment

i know im just sounding off mate had a &&&&ter of a day
        they do do a thankless job just needed few more stewards i didnt really understandwot he ment either mate just knew it was late wen i got home

Comment

Originally posted by towpath ted View Post
          heard a rumour at the div one national yesterday that the angling trust is going bust.. anyone else heard anything ? .... well done shakespeare
          I heard there were cutbacks in order, by any more specifics from the rumors you heard?
          [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The [URL="http://www.anglingtrust.net/"]Angling Trust[/URL] needs you![/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

i was told that anyone winning any money would not be gettin it cos it would have to go to the receivers.. its bound to be a case of chinese whispers.. probably started out as " i cant wait to get home to walk the golden retreivers ".. i had a crap day . lost 4 big fish , two on my squat rig [as is usual ],one got caught under a boat that wouldnt wait and a perch just under a 1lb that shed the hook under my feet ..but thats just the way it goes ..

Comment

Please note that this is a rumour. Probably linked to the stories about job losses at the Angling Trust, which ahs been well covered on most of the forums including here.
              The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
              Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
              Check out:
              www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
              log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

national

oranisation was terrible we got at the draw venue at 6.50 no signs directing you to park or to the draw area.
                parking afterwards was a joke something has to be done we pay good money to fish these matches please sort it out.
                as to the bar my mate qued for 30min for a pint but whren he got there they ran out of lager on draught brilliant!
                well done shakeys awsome display
                as to the individual national will be intresting to see how may turn upto a carp lake instead of a natual venue will be too far for most to travel

Comment

Originally posted by woody86 View Post
                  did anyone else think it was a joke for organisation?
                  no stewards in sight at draw
                  no stewards on my section directing people into sections
                  bar was tiny with all that space y not have another bar set up in the main areana
                  still enjoyed it tho
                  well done shakespere

Thats harsh I heard Tony and the gang run a very good national,

The Angling Trust have emailed all its members explaining whats happening, its also been posted on this site,

Its cut backs due to low numbers signing up,
                  [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
                  [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                  [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
                  [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                  [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
                  [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                  [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

It was the best organised National i have ever fished...

I had no problems parking,I found the draw straight away.....

Then again perhaps it because I dont need anyone to wipe my arse.

Comment

Well said Woodhouse

I didnt fish it, but having run knock up's for years. It's a joke how match anglers moan and moan and moan and moan and moan and moan. No wonder no body wants to run big matches.
                      Team Mosella Black Country [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Comment

1 Div National

I thought Tony and the guys at the National did an excellent job really enjoyed the day especially when I had a four pound chub first put in I have been to alot worse in the past on buses and some with no bars or breakfasts, parking was fine and directions were good what more can u ask for on a large match.

Comment

Originally posted by woodhouse View Post
                          It was the best organised National i have ever fished...

I had no problems parking,I found the draw straight away.....

Then again perhaps it because I dont need anyone to wipe my arse.
                          Only to wipe the chocolate from around your gob (MARSBARS of course)

Comment

Working...
                          X