Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

knocking pole joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knocking pole joint

No jokes please as its doing my head in!!!
    Got a problem with a joint 9mtr/11mtr section making a knocking noise every time i strike, anyone else had same problem? got a solution?

I made sure joints are very clean and fitted together snug but still the same problem.
    Would appreciate advice on this one.
    Cheers

At a guess I would say you have a small crack in the section give it a real good clean and check it over

I had that clicking noise when cupping out large pots a few days later it went bang
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

i've had this with couple sections, to make sure it only the joint knockin an not a crack, try smearin film of candle wax on, it stopped mine straight away

Comment

wouldn't surprise me if it is a maver pole!
        [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

my maver was knocking it did my head in so i had to let it back in the house

Comment

clicking = split somewhere ...probably inside of male, only visible when gently squeezed.
            knocking = uneven joint/foreign body in joint, joint not fitting properly for some reason.....could try candle wax/ptfe on male joint.

Comment

Try PTFE tape first (but not too much!). Amazing stuff
              [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The [URL="http://www.anglingtrust.net/"]Angling Trust[/URL] needs you![/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

try a strip of e-bay style packing tape on the male section.
                I use it on all my sections.
                Don't knock it till you've tried it. :0)

Comment

Working...
                X