Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Best Reel Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Reel Line

I have just bought a Carbonetic Mini Float 11ft (looks great, can wait to use it!) , to use on small comercials for the pellet waggler. What is the best reel line, make , breaking strain for carp in the 4lb -8lb bracket?
    Cheers

6lb dawia sensor

Comment

diawa sensor in about 6lb should be fine. U can pick up a bulk spool for under a tenner.

Comment

Daiwa sensor,tough as old boots and cheap as chips.
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

4Lb maxima Tough as ya like, 6Lb if the fish are 10Lb + Twist a loop for your SSG shotting

Comment

Try the old faithfull tried and tested for years never let me down Bayer

Comment

Best Reel Line

It's all about what you will feel confident with. Maxima is tried and tested and at 4lb, it would be my first choice. It has a bit of a safety mechanism you need in a waggler "it gives", so you are less likely to overstrike and crack off. The Diawa is also a sound choice, but with a little less give in it I think. If you are going after "big dogs" (use maxima) or casting close to features (use Diawa), then step up to the 6lb, you won't break it with your hands it is so strong.
              "Here fishy, fishy, fishy........"

Comment

Maxima, used it for years, never let me down, either feeder fishing on rivers or commies.

Comment

Working...
                X