Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Bomb Rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb Rigs

Hi all at Talk Angling Forum !

Just wanted to ask any anglers out there whats the best way to set up a bomb rig for match carp waters with a 10mm pellet hair rigged as bait !

Cheers

Welcome copy208 to the site.

To answer your question it would really depend on if you are casting to a feature or to open water.

Personally I like to put my bomb in a loop, by that I mean tie a 4" piece of line to the bomb, then at the top of that tie on a small swivel. Then get your main line and put it through the swivel and pull through about 18" of line and double this back on itself. Now tie this loop so that the bomb and its link is running free in a big loop. Now move the swivel towards the rod tip so the big loop is below the bomb, tie a series of smaller loops in the last 6" of the big loop - attach your hooklength to the end and away you go. If fishing tight to snags I will put the bomb on without the 4" piece of line.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Fantastic !
      Thanks for the quick response and the recommendation the method sounds simple and effective with no messy tubing or clips etc ! I'll give it go.

Comment

Let us know how you get on.... one other thing, you can make the link to the bomb a slightly lighter line so if it gets caught you lose the bomb but not the fish hopefully!
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
        X