Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Feeling a little slow today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling a little slow today...

I'm looking at getting a new box (still) and what I want to know is that if all these boxes with sliding footplates are adjustable. IE can you alter the distance between the footplate and the seat by moving the plate up and down on the front legs. Or is it attached to the underside of the base unit?Does that make sense or do I need more coffee and to try again...?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Dave I have a rive with a fixed footplate,which is obiviously fixed and canot be adjusted.
    But if you have the right number of trays, on the main frame to suit your height.
    You dont need to move it as the legs extend for miles.
    Roll on friday

Comment

What aboput Milo and Preston?
      [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

All the ones ones Ive seen are fixed.I'm in the middle of converting mine into a slider,waiting on the aluminum welder

Comment

Grrr. Being 6'2" I've either got to buy millions of rig trays or a box with a folding footplate then?

Rubbish.

Comment

I have an octoplus footplate which isnt a permanent fixture on my box and just slides up and down the legs, don't know if that helps Dave

Comment

Yea, I've got one like that for my current matchbox, but all the new boxes I think look interesting seem to come with sliding footplates.

Comment

the new milo match modus and match plus look like the head tier and footplate can be adjusted independantly, colmic kebang is the same.

Comment

Dave.i have a Prestonx3 box.The footplate can move up & down the front
                  legs.i am 6'4" & its the right height for me.Its not the most stable for a
                  "big un",but i use a 6 leg river rock platform on awkward pegs.a rive is a
                  lot more stable,but fixed,so you have to use the correct height in trays
                  under your bum.

Comment

Brilliant! I was looking at having a gander at an X3 with an eye on buying one. Tis good news for sure. As long as it doesn't collapse lol.

My cars not big enough for a Rive anyhow!

Cheers.

Comment

I havnt had any probs with mine,i like the way the bottom drawer is divided up into sections,previous to this i had 2 rive,an st & a rx,they offer brilliant
                      stability for the larger angler & are the best on the market,but the shallow
                      pull out drawer under the seat that comes permanent with every one is a load
                      of pants,its too shallow for all your bits & bobs,God knows why they keep it.If
                      you fit the drawer dividers it becomes shallower again.I sold my last one & had enough for the 6 leg matchcraft(river rock) platform & the x3 with trolley.
                      In summer i fish lakes set up out in the water.I set up the platform & plonk the x3,minus the footplate ontop,in winter,im mainly on canals,so just use the
                      box with footplate.i wouldnt recomend the x3 for a big angler if you have to set up with the legs fully extended,but if you only have to level it up,its a
                      good box for the money,comfortable seat as well.Hope ive helped you

Comment

Sure have! I'm knocking around the 16stone mark, so not sure if you class that as 'big' or not lol!

I'm umming and aahing between the Milo Professional, Preston X3 / X5 and Boss MDS to be honest.

Comment

Ur a puppy dave!.if youve got the readies & want the box to do everything,
                          without buying a seperate "piper alpha",then i'de say go for the milo.I cant
                          tell you about the professional model in particular,but every one ive seen
                          ooze class.they weigh a bit though!.i saw the top of the range milo last year,
                          it was that big & solid,it could be used for milking Bulls?????????

Comment

Haha! I know what you mean! The new jobby looks like something you'd find in the North Sea!

Comment

You could just saw your feet off!,the wheel kits available these days are very good.lol

Comment

Working...
                              X