Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Dibbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dibbers?

What is the deepest you would fish with a dibber type float?

it depends!

I use them on our local canal down the track in 5ft of water. There is no flow and you need light rigs.

Comment

Personally 18inches to 2 foot. Whether thats a 3x8 wire stemmed jobby for caggy on the cut or a nonsense 4x12 crash helmet on a stick with a pellet dangling under it. Any deeper and Id be looking for a bristled or shouldered float.
      [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Why David? and would you use nothing but a dibber in upto 2 foot? Cheers

Comment

What's caggy?
          I just use a blob for shallow fishing. Not used a dibber since fishing caster on canals

Comment

Caggy = caster. Sorry, I talk like a monkey lol!

In water up to 2foot I like to use a float that is as unobtrusive as possible, and dibbers offer a discreet solution. However, even the Drennan wire stemmed jobbies sometimes aren't sensitive enough, in which case I'd dig out a preston chianti (I still have some of the originals somewhere!) to offer more sensitivity. I'd also use a chianti if there was a surface skim affecting the presentation, as it allows a little line sinking (carefully in shallow water though) with a backshot.
            [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Probably about 2 max for a dibber,I don't often use them but on a place where you have a lot of hungry shallow fish they come in handy

Comment

Working...
              X