Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Tench waters in Wigan area ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tench waters in Wigan area ?

Hi Guys,
    anyone know the best Tench waters in the Wigan/Warrington area ? Although I've lived here for most of my life, I only ever fished for Tench when I lived in Norfolk/Suffolk.

Cheers, Mike.

HI Mike,
    Are you in any local clubs as there are a few decent tench waters about or are you looking for a day ticket water.
    I can point you in the right direction if you give me more info.
    Also if you are looking for a bit of match fishing along with a very good tench water look in the waters section under Carlsberg Tetley that may interest you .
    Regards
    Mark

Comment

Hi Mike, I'm sorry it is the Venues Section and Club directory.

Comment

Hi Mark,
        not in to match fishing myself. Not a member of a club, just looking for day ticket waters. I'm getting a season ticket for "Gone Fishin" at Spring View, but wanted something else for a bit of variation.
        Cheers, Mike.

Comment

Hi Mike,
          The old river at Irlam is a day ticket with a great head of tench to go at also the Sankey Canal in Warrington has a very good head of Tench on a day ticket the expressway on the lilly beds are a favourite haunt.
          Warrington Anglers has few good waters inc Grey Mist, Rixton Clay pits and Cicely Mill pool, Lymm Anglers has Whitley pool and Lymm Vale but both are club ticket only.
          If you need any more help let me know.
          Mark

Comment

Ask polepot he's from Wigan. .
            http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

Mike,

PM me and I will give you all the info you want.

Danny

Comment

oi
                I'm from leigh

Comment

Wigan is much more cosmopolitan.....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by markco
                      Hi Mike,
                      The old river at Irlam is a day ticket with a great head of tench to go at also the Sankey Canal in Warrington has a very good head of Tench on a day ticket the expressway on the lilly beds are a favourite haunt.
                      Warrington Anglers has few good waters inc Grey Mist, Rixton Clay pits and Cicely Mill pool, Lymm Anglers has Whitley pool and Lymm Vale but both are club ticket only.
                      If you need any more help let me know.
                      Mark
                      Cheers Mark

Comment

No Problems M8,
                        If you need any further info let me know and I will try and help especially regarding the Sankey Canal as I only live about 10 mins away. Our pool has a great head of Tench if you ever decide to have a go at friendly match fishing.
                        We have anglers of extremely varied ability to put it mildly .
                        Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X